TPM Bad Experience - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: TPM Bad Experience

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I was getting ready to have a custom tier one mp5 built, I think I will stick with my Zenith, it runs like a Singer and with not any of the issues in this thread and looks better. I think I will just look for another Zenith instead...

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I've heard HK makes a genuine custom tier one mp5 build called a SP5.....do a internet of things search and maybe there will be some info!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert762 View Post
    Wow, I was getting ready to have a custom tier one mp5 built, I think I will stick with my Zenith, it runs like a Singer and with not any of the issues in this thread and looks better. I think I will just look for another Zenith instead...
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If theyd just make a K that didnt need another $1000 trip to the shop to have everything it should.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Umm have to find a sp5 first, not any in central Illinois...second thank you for the obvious... originally my preference for custom over German Factory to keep another American making a good living and supporting their family.
    MSOGDAWG likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Umm have to find a sp5 first, not any in central Illinois...second thank you for the obvious...�� originally my preference for custom over German Factory to keep another American making a good living and supporting their family.
    That logic does not make any sense. Are you referring to the American workers at Zenith who import these Turkish made sporadically-offered guns?....What about the Columbus, GA American folks who import the real-deal HK offering?

And the internet does wonders for finding what you need (ie. SP5), and having it transferred to a local FFL. If you can't find that, then IL is worse off than I already thought.
    JokerOne likes this.

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Lots of American workers in Columbus GA at HKUSA that depend on US sales to support their families

Umm have to find a sp5 first, not any in central Illinois...second thank you for the obvious...�� originally my preference for custom over German Factory to keep another American making a good living and supporting their family.
    JokerOne likes this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many SP5’s are currently being made in Georgia... second Zenith is not first choice, was originally and still interested in custom based on my statement of keeping another American working...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

How many SP5’s are currently being made in Georgia... second Zenith is not first choice, was originally and still interested in custom based on my statement of keeping another American working...
    I can't answer your first quest.....but if you're looking for one built, in a small shop, reliable.....you all know the rest;

Contact Ralph @RDTS . You'll thank me later.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'll approach this thread from the perspective of a small business owner and one who is trying to break into the roller lock community. I have a TPM SD can but none of their firearms, and my experience with them has always been professional and prompt. You could loosely say we are "competitors" but they build and provide a service for the classic firearms design while we go a slightly different (but no less reliable) route.

Just like every firearm is unique so is every customer. It is an enormous challenge to remember conversations, phone calls, emails, etc off the top of your head and ensure they're matched to the specific physical build that's on the bench. It can be overcome but comes with time and effort. Based on their builds and their community engagement I know the guys at TPM are more than willing to put in that effort. Sometimes the solution is a new customer engagement or requirements management system and those too take time to learn. Even making the decision to onboard that software takes most businesses 2-3 years to evaluate. That challenge is made even more problematic when the phone lines and emails are flooded and you're trying to make sure everyone gets the experience and product they deserve. I am not saying they're failing at this nor that they could do better. I'm merely stating I can understand some of the extended periods of communication.

As far as engagement on the forum, I'm challenged and failing at that right now as well. With product development, website upgrades, vendor sourcing and other daily and down-the-road decisions to work on the social media sometimes takes a hit. The solution is to dedicate a person to it or use software to help streamline the process, and that has to be a decision and a priority of each business. The roller lock community provides right now are in a mixed state of "capability". DT has a fantastic model of individual customer engagement and website/social media solutions and that's likely thanks to heavy investment and prior life experiences. PCS has essentially no web presence, and yet produces a great individual engagement and product. I think TPM is a lot like us in the observation they're trying to venture into some inexperienced areas in an effort to provides services for their customers. I could be wrong but that's my perspective from the outside looking in.

Don't give up on them because we need those smiths and business owners who are dedicated to the community. Don't give them a pass but engage with them and be clear in your expectations. Let them know what you'd like to see on their website or how much you value them posting in the forum. As a customer you've got a great opportunity to help them define and shape their business model. I know it's hard when you've got some bad history and I'm not defending anything done in the past. But as a community our expectations are all over the place and it can be difficult to meet those on the other side of the workbench. I appreciate the stories and feedback everyone has given and I'm not saying you're wrong in your feelings or actions moving forward. Just trying to give some perspective from another guy trying to work for the customers in this awesome community.

Stay informed and get to the range!
    William Barth
    Owner
    USNA '06
    Navy Intel (and some other stuff)

Revolutionary Roller Locks (07/C2)
    Direct: 972-737-6745
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content