TPM Bad Experience - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: TPM Bad Experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had a long conversation with Ken at TPM today.
    He took a look at my gun and compared it with several HKs around the shop. Other than the original issue with the cocking handle, the trunion gap, and the misaligned vfg everything else seems to fall into the range of acceptability that HK would ship out. I wouldnt know either way as this is the first rollerlock Ive been able to handle in person.

Ken said he would take a final look at things and make some small corrections to the handguard hanger before sending it back my way. Will update once I get my gun back.

I will say now that after my conversation with Ken I am more confident in the results of this trip to the shop.

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Wow, in comparing your first post of everything crooked etc to this new one, it seems highly unfair to me that you assassinated them the way you did on this forum. The sad thing is, unless the mods delete the thread, the seemingly harsh rant sticks around and it sure doesn’t sound like TPM deserved what you dished them. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Hayk View Post
    Had a long conversation with Ken at TPM today.
    He took a look at my gun and compared it with several HKs around the shop. Other than the original issue with the cocking handle, the trunion gap, and the misaligned vfg everything else seems to fall into the range of acceptability that HK would ship out. I wouldnt know either way as this is the first rollerlock Ive been able to handle in person.

Ken said he would take a final look at things and make some small corrections to the handguard hanger before sending it back my way. Will update once I get my gun back.

I will say now that after my conversation with Ken I am more confident in the results of this trip to the shop.
    caf82313, Renegade and CaptRex like this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my assassination?

The situation is changing:
    As soon as the gun is received and I can confirm what me and Ken have discussed the first post will be edited and another post will be made explaining the current situation.
    If you are going to say that I am in the wrong I strongly urge you to reread the thread, where I explain multiple contacts and trips to the shop without corrections or explanations being made.

I totally stand by everything Ive said at the times Ive said it. I thought the ordeal was over after my second trip to the shop and I could throw up a complete review, it reopened after they saw/were alerted to this thread. And the thread will be updated as new information becomes available, LIKE YOU SAW TODAY. By the end of next week it could just be a 10/10 review for TPM applauding Kens customer service.
    And dont now pretend Im the only one with any issues, if anything my issues were the least severe, some of those rear sights had been maxed out to achieve zero.

The only one in this thread making anything resembling an outright assassination of anyone would be yourself, here: TPM Bad Experience-vkdpgwf.png
    So do us both a favor and get off your high horse.
    Maybe take a look at the images I uploaded yourself and give your own experienced opinion as someone whos handled a lot of HKs, or has your opinion also pulled a 180 and TPM makes a fine gun? Man, thatd make your earlier post a cleaner assassination than mine!
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-02-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    Anopstyx and Deadwing like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If OP was the only one then I would agree, but since several have spoken up on their less than desirable experience I am amazed that someone has not spoken up sooner.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 21/23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    If OP was the only one then I would agree, but since several have spoken up on their less than desirable experience I am amazed that someone has not spoken up sooner.
    People have. Last I remember was a 308 gun where a ptr barrel that was out of spec was used as there was a gap between the front sight and the cocking tube. Guy claimed TPM was giving them the run around until he called them out publicly and the same offer came up. They would be willing to pay for him to have someone else fix it.

The cocking tubes not being welded on straight and the rear sights canted are common issues from the complaints. And to TPM's defense I mean that is what people complain about, I have no idea how common the issues actually come up with them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The 3 weapons that I have had TPM build for me over the last couple years have all been excellent. I think I have posted pics to attest
    to the quality of their work. I think its time that a satisfied customer speak out with all the less than positive comments being made.
    Like most issues in life, the satisfied are complacent and don't speak out, one only hears from those that aren't. Let's face if all the work
    they did was substandard they would not be in business for long. A true measure is how a firm responds to those who have problems.
    Frankly, some people no matter what one does are not happy with the result. In such cases, to offer to pay for someone else to fix a
    particular problem makes sense.
    caf82313 likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I remember that one and how TPM handled that and learning more from there side convinced me to buy from them. I sadly did not have a positive experience with either one. Luckily one got fixed.

The main issue it seems from me, is they push stuff out the door that obviously had no business being pushed out for whatever reason.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 21/23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

my assassination?
    Are you still standing by your claim "I have received a gun with everything welded crooked". Are you aware how much is welded on your gun? Looks like most of your claims were false.

Are you still standing by your claim "These guys are dishonest"? Because that is an incredibly libelous claim if you cannot back it up.

If you are thinking about a TPM Build you may want to reconsider doing business with TPM.
    After being declined a K build by Dakota Tactical I went with what seems to be the second most well regarded producer of domestic MP5s, TPM Outfitters.

After multiple delays resulting in an at least tripled lead time from what was quoted I have received a gun with everything welded crooked. The rear sights crooked, the handguard hanger is crooked, and the cocking handle bumps the MLI optics mount.

TPM was happy to have me send it back in and repair it, even paying for a shipping label.
    However after a 4 day turn around I received my MP5K back to see 0 signs of refinishing/rewelding and the only thing that seems improved was that theres slightly less contact between the cocking handle and optics mount now. "Repaired and tested" is what the note said with it.

For 3 thousand dollars and 3+ months of your time, find someone who at least breaks out a bubble level.
    These guys are dishonest and put out half assed work, for what I got I might as well have bought one of the sub $2000 clones.
    Last edited by Renegade; 04-02-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Honestly this thread needs to be closed I remember when Brethren Arms was given a Pass Over N Over for stuff way more egregious than this................. just one example https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabell...oing-home.html
    HkCHUCK likes this.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Renegade, as I said in my last post I stand by everything I said WHEN I said it.

At the time I made those statements I had made multiple attempts to contact TPM as well as two trips into the shop to fix something, that when it got back to me, appeared to still be misaligned, the pictures are in this thread for you and others to see. I thought the process was over.

Now almost 2 weeks later after TPM reached out to me:

Did I believe TPM to be dishonest and put out half assed work? Absolutely
    Do I still believe that now? Not even remotely, because TPM has actually now taken the time to make corrections and explain everything to me and even show me pictures of HKs in their shop after my second conversation with Ken several minutes ago. Why is it that you and the other experts werent calling me into question before and are only doing it now that its coming to a positive resolution?

Did I believe everything on the gun was welded crooked? Absolutely
    Do I still believe that now? Yes and No, after seeing the HKs Ken had around its only about as crooked as any of them. The vfg appears inline in the latest picture from Ken, and he provided an explanation for the trunion gap that another member in this thread mentioned.
    The picture Ken just sent me of my rear sight looks less crooked than it did to me in person or any of the pictures I took, The contact between the cocking handle and optic mount on his sp5ks were similar to my gun, but theres no mention of that anywhere I could find and nobody in this thread spoke up about it when I mentioned and even photographed it.

Again, when I receive my gun back and can confirm everything me and Ken have discussed over the last couple days I will update the original post and the thread with the new information and my updated stance on TPMs craftsmanship and customer service.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-02-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links