TPM Bad Experience - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: TPM Bad Experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Honestly this thread needs to be closed I remember when Brethren Arms was given a Pass Over N Over for stuff way more egregious than this................. just one example https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabell...oing-home.html
    some of the pictures others posted after I made this thread have been pretty bad, much much worse than mine. but I do agree this doesnt even touch the issues people were having with bretherens
    closing the thread seems about as childish as the people now trying to make me the bad guy
    closing the thread prevents me and anyone else who has a change in opinion from updating the situation.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-02-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayk View Post
    Renegade, as I said in my last post I stand by everything I said WHEN I said it.
    OK but from my point of view I see:

1) Guy joined forum just to bash TPM.
    2) Has little to no experience with MP5s.
    3) Had a problem or two and blew it up bigger than it needed to be.

Perhaps now is the time to step back from they keyboard and wait till you get your gun back and shoot it. it seems you had unrealistic expectations about weld and fit etc. Despite the fun of the gun, rolling, aligning parts in jig before welding it is a ridiculously antiquated and expensive way to make a gun. CNC/FTW.
    Last edited by Renegade; 04-03-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    bystok, caf82313, JokerOne and 1 others like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The guns got plenty through it already. Unrealistic maybe, all there is to gauge against is what pictures I can find places like here.
    Everyone who held it firsthand said it looked pretty off, including those whove shot rollers far more than me. The responses to the pictures I uploaded seem to agree. The new pics Ken sent me do not look anywhere near as off as it did on the range or in the pictures I uploaded, ill get back out there and see when it gets back in next week.

What you call a new guy joining to bash TPM I call a new rollerlock owner showing up to the place he got most of his research (not a whole lot in the armorers manuals) to warn the next guy down the path from buying what appeared to be a substandard product. Which nobody seems to have had a problem with until AFTER things began to work out. I find you all strange
    We do agree CNC is the way to make precision fit easy.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-03-2020 at 04:12 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

In regards to my experience, do you guys honestly think my TMP MP5 SD that I posted on page 2 is of acceptable build quality?

- Canted rear sight base.
    - Gaps in the receiver rails next to the trunnion (TPM told me that was common and not to worry).
    - Bolt gap measuring .004 on a brand new gun (TPM told me that bolt gap is fine).
    - Lack of cuts on receiver for optic mount.
    - Poor overall fit and finish compared to other top tier builders.
    - Sent the gun back to TMP for them to fix it, only to have them do a hack job on the receiver cuts (which still won't secure a claw mount properly). They did not attempt to fix anything else.

I'm not going to reach out to them again. If they really want to fix this for me, they can send me a PM on here and provide me with a return shipping label.
    Last edited by LRM19k; 04-05-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LRM19k View Post
    In regards to my experience, do you guys honestly think my TMP MP5 SD that I posted on page 2 is of acceptable build quality?
    Depends on how you look at it. How does it compare to the SP5, which is made by H&K? I can't answer this without seeing a(nother) TMP built gun- I'd like to say I'd imagine the TMP is nicer for the price, but knowing H&K's quality it's probably not the case. Would the TMP be nicer than government/military contracted manufactured MP5's? Possibly.
    -I'd imagine that the sight base is an issue that should have been leveled out and "calibrated" before they welded it.
    -Gaps in the receiver if they exist should only be super small ones, they could have easily welded it shut.
    -Bolt gap being less than .14 is concerning but will probably not be an issue if a thorough break-in process is followed.
    -Lack of cuts on receiver for optic mount. If it wasn't specified by costumer and wasn't specified in their "packages" for a build, this is no ones fault. But the cuts should have been done properly after requested and gun sent back.
    -Poor overall fit and finish, no excuse for this especially at this price range.
    -0 excuse for this.

I have no experience with TMP, I have held an SP5 in person and seen that they are extremely nicely made, with lots of care put into them- no crooked sight base, no gaps in receiver rail- but that is a firearm made for civilians (it was also a single firearm out of potentially hundreds of thousands, all which may have varying fit and finish), therefore will probably have far better quality/finishing than a military weapon. However, for the price point of a TMP it should beat an SP5 hands down. If JLD, Dakota Tactical, and Parabellum Combat could do it, so can TMP. I don't agree with Hayk's process for seeking out help but it is what it is, he does have some right to be upset.

I am not one to bash small businesses, they are essential for our country and our economy and have had their nose pushed into the dirt for decades. But there is no room for poor quality businesses to survive (not saying TMP is that, but if they are not careful and stern with their staff and their procedures they could fall off an edge) and there should be no attempt made to save those businesses "just cause". If a company doesn't care for its customer base, they deserve no saving. I have seen many knife makers come and go over the years, for reasons just like this- especially when they do not respond to customer concerns- and I think that is righteous.
    Last edited by JokerOne; 04-03-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Hayk likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely not, and that is really not up for debate.

In regards to my experience. . .
    - Gaps in the receiver rails next to the trunnion (TPM told me that was common and not to worry).
    These two were particularly troubling for me personally. You cannot have a weapon that does not shoot to the correct point-of-aim/point-of-impact, not at this price point, and especially not for an SBR with a potential 9 months plus wait time to the customer. Nor can you ship a weapon with a hole in the receiver. No one would ever buy a car or boat with a hole in it simply upon principle, even if it continued to function properly.

If they really want to fix this for me, they can send me a PM on here and provide me with a return shipping label.
    I would really like to see this happen. It’s not only the right thing to do for this customer, but it ultimately benefits the entire community of H&K enthusiasts. Please make this happen.
    Last edited by Lossiter; 04-04-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Hayk likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

- Bolt gap measuring .004 on a brand new gun (TPM told me that bolt gap is fine).
    - Lack of cuts on receiver for optic mount.
    - Poor overall fit and finish compared to other top tier builders.
    - Sent the gun back to TMP for them to fix it, only to have them do a hack job on the receiver cuts (which still won't secure a claw mount properly). They did not attempt to fix anything else.

I'm not going to reach out to them again. If they really want to fix this for me, they can send me a PM on here and provide me with a return shipping label.
    The bolt gap and optics cuts are what I would be most worried about correcting, the rear sight looks worse off than mine, but I cant tell exactly between the picture and my eyes this morning. And I guess being slightly off is just the standard.
    I will actually upload those pictures Ken sent me of several SP5/K sight bases here for you and everyone else to compare yourselves.

As far as the gap at the trunion, Ken explained to me this is because of variances in the flat/trunion and in order to properly locate the trunion you sometimes have to leave a slight gap, otherwise the trunion will end up too tight against the magazine.

Try emailing them. They got me a return label immediately when I reached back out after seeing their response to this thread.

TPM Bad Experience-image0.jpgTPM Bad Experience-image1.jpgTPM Bad Experience-image2.jpg

Should be receiving mine back today assuming Fedex cooperates.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-08-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright finally got a chance to take a look at the gun and get it on the range again.

I and several others have compared the rear sight to the images sent by Ken of the HKs and my own gun, pretty mixed bag of opinions so Im willing to say its right on the edge.
    The VFG looks significantly better than it did before I sent it in.
    Dot+Brace I can keep it on a 10" plate at 100 easier than I expected from a 5" 9mm. Much happier with the gun after this last trip to TPM.

Anybody else in the thread whos build had issues I recommend attempt to get a hold of Ken. Interactions with him have turned around my opinion of TPM, I only wish that I had talked with him during the first trip to the shop.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-20-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Purchased two guns from TPM and had one repair. Very happy with my interactions.
    osbornec likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links