TPM Bad Experience
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: TPM Bad Experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TPM Bad Experience

EDIT: Please see Posts 51 and 68 for the full story, TPM contacted me after I made this thread to reattempt to make things right, Kens actions have 180d my opinion of the company and I would not hesitate to have them build me another rollerlock.

If you are thinking about a TPM Build you may want to reconsider doing business with TPM.
    After being declined a K build by Dakota Tactical I went with what seems to be the second most well regarded producer of domestic MP5s, TPM Outfitters.

After multiple delays resulting in an at least tripled lead time from what was quoted I have received a gun with everything welded crooked. The rear sights crooked, the handguard hanger is crooked, and the cocking handle bumps the MLI optics mount.

TPM was happy to have me send it back in and repair it, even paying for a shipping label.
    However after a 4 day turn around I received my MP5K back to see 0 signs of refinishing/rewelding and the only thing that seems improved was that theres slightly less contact between the cocking handle and optics mount now. "Repaired and tested" is what the note said with it.

For 3 thousand dollars and 3+ months of your time, find someone who at least breaks out a bubble level.
    These guys are dishonest and put out half assed work, for what I got I might as well have bought one of the sub $2000 clones.
    Last edited by Hayk; 04-20-2020 at 03:19 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Please post pics.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    Please post pics.
    Before and after return, if you have them!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I have called them 3 times to try to discuss a project. I left a message each time with no response. I asked my local FFL about them then and they said have sold a few of their pieces, but their quality seems to be going downhill.
    Hayk, osbornec and AGG like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TPM Bad Experience-image0.jpgTPM Bad Experience-image1.jpgTPM Bad Experience-image2.jpgTPM Bad Experience-image0-1-.jpg

See the misalignment between the magazine and grip.

All pictures except for the one of the rear sight are from before, everything is unchanged now aside from the cocking handle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These images are of the cocking handle area post repair.
    You can see it still makes contact and barely has room for the handle to work properly.

EDIT: changed images, accidentally just reuploaded the last ones on the first try.
    Attachment 254668Attachment 254670
    Last edited by Hayk; 03-21-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ordering process went as follows

Order gun with a lead time of 3-4 weeks
    1 week later call in to verify the order was correct as the invoice left out something
    new invoice
    4-6 weeks later call in asking about delay
    quoted another 3-4 weeks as main builder was sick, no problem, these things happen
    4-6 weeks later call in again
    they didnt seem to remember who i was and needed to be reminded what I ordered, quoted 1 week
    holidays came up around this time and I gave them well in excess of 2-3 weeks before i called again
    quoted 1 more week, this time I actually got my gun.

I returned it within a month for repairs, received it back within a week and a half with little improvement.

I will say for whatever its worth, the gun functions perfectly and I havent had any issues with parts compatibility aside from the MLI mount bumping the cocking handle. Its just a crooked mess.
    Last edited by Hayk; 03-21-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sorry to hear this. So are you requesting they redo it all, or are you just going to live with it?
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Hayk likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure sending it back to them again would get me anywhere.
    I may try to find another builder willing to fix it.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    I have called them 3 times to try to discuss a project. I left a message each time with no response. I asked my local FFL about them then and they said have sold a few of their pieces, but their quality seems to be going downhill.
    Apprentices are completing the new work orders!!!

Tony
    Hayk likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links