WTB discarded post-conversion g36 receiver - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WTB discarded post-conversion g36 receiver

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gza069 View Post
    Demilled G36 kits often come with the forward portion of the receiver. (Forward of the serial number anyway.) This area includes the metal barrel trunnion. It may also include the metal rails that the bolt carrier rides on, depending how far back it was cut when it was demilled. Like the others said, this portion isn't normally used in a conversion. The entire SL8 receiver is used, minus the very rear. This is where the rear 'stub' of a G36 is plastic welded on.
    Anywho, someone is bound to have the piece you want, probably for a very reasonable price too. If your CAD doesn't work out, they make interesting paperweights..!
    The bolt carrier does not ride on metal rails in the G36 or SL8 receiver. There is some metal on the bottom "shelf" of the SL8 receiver along with plastic that prevents the insertion of the G36 bolt carrier. There is also a metal piece that reinforces one side of the receiver on the non ejecting side of the receiver, but it is not for the bolt carrier to ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    Im just commenting because its a small market and Im very close to making a version of these receivers available already. I have lots of time and money invested in making this happen and I know what it takes. I have built more G36 clones than all the G36 conversion people combined and I have been building these since 06. Your welcome to jump in, I just wanted to put it out there because it looks like your new to the boards and don't know allot about the G36.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like that receiver will be a nice home to my G36C kit that has been resting in a box for a while.
    Last edited by sweersa; 02-17-2016 at 12:37 AM.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    There is also a metal piece that reinforces one side of the receiver on the non ejecting side of the receiver, but it is not for the bolt carrier to ride on.
    Thanks for the catch Sweersa! I must've been thinking of that piece. Clearly I need to spend more time with my rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    Im just commenting because its a small market and Im very close to making a version of these receivers available already. I have lots of time and money invested in making this happen and I know what it takes. I have built more G36 clones than all the G36 conversion people combined and I have been building these since 06. Your welcome to jump in, I just wanted to put it out there because it looks like your new to the boards and don't know allot about the G36.
    I am most definitely a newbie to the forum / platform and I appreciate you giving me a heads up on your current progress on the same project. Even if I were to create something resembling a functional receiver, I know the quality would be no where near what you or anyone else with experience and resources can create. Still, I am in large part interested in the process / challenge involved and not just the end result (and at least I know now that there are more much capable hands than mine out there working on this).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links