WTB discarded post-conversion g36 receiver
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB discarded post-conversion g36 receiver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTB discarded post-conversion g36 receiver

Hello all,

I am looking to buy the front (not the stub) part of a g36 receiver that has been left over from an SL8 conversion. I am under the impression that it is essentially a worthless piece of plastic, but I have been increasingly working with CAD and figure that getting the schematics right in order to make a g36 / sl8 receiver is something to aspire to (fool's errand most likely, but you never know until you try). If anyone has one lying around and wants to sell it let me know. ty
    Last edited by wkalas; 02-16-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The front of the SL8 receiver is left alone. The only part changed is the rear.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I would also add that the front end of the G36 receiver is not simply junk parts as they can be reassembled to create a new G36 receiver that is limited to semiauto only. The difference being the serial number may be located in the "correct" position and there isn't the window at the stock latch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, I was under the impression that what is left over from the G36 receiver after the rear stub is cut off could not be used to assemble another firearm. At any rate, if anyone is willing to sell I am still interested.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Demilled G36 kits often come with the forward portion of the receiver. (Forward of the serial number anyway.) This area includes the metal barrel trunnion. It may also include the metal rails that the bolt carrier rides on, depending how far back it was cut when it was demilled. Like the others said, this portion isn't normally used in a conversion. The entire SL8 receiver is used, minus the very rear. This is where the rear 'stub' of a G36 is plastic welded on.
    Anywho, someone is bound to have the piece you want, probably for a very reasonable price too. If your CAD doesn't work out, they make interesting paperweights..!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I already have the entire receiver in CAD and have printed an FDM sample. Im moving to aluminum next. There are still 5 patents valid on the G36 so things have to be done carefully to not infringe on their patent. Ive been working on this on and off for two years already
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    I already have the entire receiver in CAD and have printed an FDM sample. Im moving to aluminum next. There are still 5 patents valid on the G36 so things have to be done carefully to not infringe on their patent. Ive been working on this on and off for two years already
    My pants have tightened a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gza069 View Post
    Demilled G36 kits often come with the forward portion of the receiver. (Forward of the serial number anyway.) This area includes the metal barrel trunnion. It may also include the metal rails that the bolt carrier rides on, depending how far back it was cut when it was demilled. Like the others said, this portion isn't normally used in a conversion. The entire SL8 receiver is used, minus the very rear. This is where the rear 'stub' of a G36 is plastic welded on.
    Anywho, someone is bound to have the piece you want, probably for a very reasonable price too. If your CAD doesn't work out, they make interesting paperweights..!
    lol probably one of the most highly sought-ought paper weights out there
    Last edited by wkalas; 02-16-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    Any idea on when the remaining patents expire? I thought all were filed in '94 and were set to expire in '14

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Im just commenting because its a small market and Im very close to making a version of these receivers available already. I have lots of time and money invested in making this happen and I know what it takes. I have built more G36 clones than all the G36 conversion people combined and I have been building these since 06. Your welcome to jump in, I just wanted to put it out there because it looks like your new to the boards and don't know allot about the G36.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links