MP5K PDW Barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MP5K PDW Barrel

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LRM19k View Post
    yes it was a genuine 3 lug barrel. He had a bunch of MP5 barrels as well, but only one PDW barrel and It sold within minutes of him posting it. I guess he didn't realize the K PDW barrels are way more valuable than a standard MP5 barrel.
    I bet that was me. The barrel looked like the real deal. Rifling all the way through it. Took it to Terry Dyer at the Creek this Spring and had him look at it. He said, after looking at it for mere seconds,
    it was one he made. It looks really good. I bought it because I thought it was worth taking a shot on. Will post some pics later today as I recall there is one feature on it that gives it away as not being the real deal.
    Last edited by HkCHUCK; 08-02-2016 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Correction

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    I bet that was me. The barrel looked like the real deal. Rifling all the way through it. Took it to Terry Dyer at the Creek this Spring and had him look at it. He said, after looking at it for mere seconds,
    it was one he made. It looks really good. I bought it because I thought it was worth taking a shot on. Will post some pics later today as I recall there is one feature on it that gives it away as not
    being the real deal.
    And that was a bargain at $250 even if it weren't original.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmthecoolguy View Post
    Suds...I have not seen a factory K-PDW under $2k in I don't know how long. Option 2 if you want a "German" barrel, is to contact Mike at TSC, he will turn a 94 or MP5 barrel into a K PDW barrel.
    I'm usually a bit conservative on the values, or will give a range, only because there is typically a least one guy here who will swear they bought something ultra rare at half of the market price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viriceman View Post

On a side note, I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of the PDW barrel "exchange" that HK did for less than $300, (if I recall correctly), back in the early 2000's. I already had the SP89 at the time, but was just too lazy to move forward with it:(
    I knew that deal wasn't going to last, jumped on it and sent in two SP89s. Still have them. :-)

Banned

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The last one that I saw for sale, went for $3200.00 from another member here. I made an offer....he declined, and it still sold at that price.

I gave up after that. OP....good luck in your searches.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    it was one he made. It looks really good. I bought it because I thought it was worth taking a shot on. Will post some pics later today as I recall there is one feature on it that gives it away as not
    being the real deal.
    Thanks for the info. I was pretty bummed when I missed out on it, thinking it was 100% legit. Still, you got a nice bargain on a Dyer barrel, a win win for you.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

Take note of the small pin hole located where the sight tower would be fitted to the barrel. That is the feature that indicates that the barrel is not an original PDW barrel.
    Original PDW barrels do not have a pin hole like the one above.

HkChuck

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the info! My original intent was to use all German parts in conjunction with an IK SP89 to build a HK MP5k PDW

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    The last one that I saw for sale, went for $3200.00 from another member here. I made an offer....he declined, and it still sold at that price.

I gave up after that. OP....good luck in your searches.
    The last one sold for $3,295 < 4 days after being listed on GB using 'BuyNow!': German HK MP5K Navy 3-lug 1/2x32 threaded barrel : HK Parts at GunBroker.com

As confirmation, mutual positive feedback was exchanged for this transaction.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content . Hidden Content 7/14/2016.
    Check cleared 7/18/2016. Approved 6/16/2017. Stamps delivered 7/6/2017.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like a demil parts kit with genuine mp5k PDW barrel would be a better option.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links