WTB: Hk German MP5/10mm Barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WTB: Hk German MP5/10mm Barrel

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    This is starting to hijack Chuck's WTB post. Very briefly, the 10mm out of that length barrel has significant energy way out to 200 meters and beyond. High impulse ammo or low impulse ammo. As G3Kurtz has stated here, it's the most potent sub machine gun ever built. Obviously ammo is expensive and the gun in general is a real speciality piece, especially when it's built using all factory German parts and a 94 receiver.
    Thanks. Didn't mean to get off topic and/or hijack the OP's thread. Good luck, and thanks again.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Sold my MP5/10mm and am experiencing sellers remorse. Would like to build up a sear one.
    Starting point is the barrel, so if you have one that you have decided you are not going to do
    anything with, give me a shout. Looking for a Hk German one at this point but that may change.
    Thanks
    Here you go.
    HK MP5 10mm SBR : Short Barrel Rifles (SBR) at GunBroker.com

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

A "lot pricy" based on the BIN amount and that it is built from a "flat". I was expecting a grafted HK94 with a MP5 10mm Mag Well and Front End.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    A "lot pricy" based on the BIN amount and that it is built from a "flat". I was expecting a grafted HK94 with a MP5 10mm Mag Well and Front End.
    And no clue who made the components, barrel, bolt group, trunion?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

I have seen it but like most of Frank's Gun Broker auctions its vary vague and short on facts. My impressions were similar.

However, there was an auction that ended at the end of October or early November from a guy in Phoenix, Bob425trains, for a MP5/10mm.
    If anyone knows how to reach him I would appreciate your help. Now that the auction is closed and not relisted I can not use Gun Broker's system
    to contact him.
    Last edited by HkCHUCK; 11-13-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    I have seen it but like most of Frank's Gun Broker auctions its vary vague and short on facts.
    HkChuck,

I distinctly remember your want-to-sell ad with the H&K MP5/10 and MP5/40 barrels and the Urbach MP5/.357 Sig barrel from April/May of 2012, and still regret not getting one.

The Gunbroker auction http://www.gunbroker.com/item/596531392 is for a build from Mr. Ralph Smith of RDTS. It consists of an actual H&K 10mm upper built on an LSC Manufacturing 9mm flat with a 10mm H&K magwell grafted on.
    If you look at photos 5 of 9 and 6 of 9 in the auction, the manufacturer's stamp MP5/10 and serial number is in the same font and type which he uses, because RDTS has offered these on Gunbroker before, and at nowhere remotely near the “buy it now” price on the listed auction. Most range reports I have encountered show these to be extremely nice guns.

If you are seeking a premium 10mm build with quality nearing that of an all-German build, I would encourage you to consider the Dakota Tactical D54/10 as built by our very own Joe @Chopstix Kid at Dakota Tactical. It is built with the Michaels Machines 10mm barrel. Should you have any doubt about the impeccable quality of this piece, both in terms of the barrel, and the builder/manufacturer, please watch this 95 second video; it will make your jaw drop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muxhFySmdfc

I and several others on this board are waiting on the build queue for the Dakota Tactical D54/10 and D54/40. My understanding is that the current queue is closed, however it might be possible that some people may have dropped out, or otherwise Joe could perhaps advise when he would expect to run another batch of these in the future. These are really, really, really phenomenal builds, well worth the wait and price.

Here is one (Dakota Tactical D54/10, 10mm Auto) which was previously released (photo credit SWolff):
    Last edited by Lossiter; 11-14-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On a related note, can anyone confirm if the 9mm MP5 triple-tree frame fits (or can be readily machined/modified to fit) an MP5/10/40 barrel? Thanks guys!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If you are interested in a trade to pry loose your MP5/10mm barrel, as has been suggested by others, I have an extensive collection of HK accessories and
    hard to find ammo that I would consider parting with.

Thanks for looking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links