WTB: Mk23 mil-spec barrel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: WTB: Mk23 mil-spec barrel

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2018
    Posts : 41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default WTB: Mk23 mil-spec barrel

    Hello to all!
    I am looking to acquire a mk23 mil-spec barrel for my collection. If anyone has one they are willing to sell or know where I can find one, please reach out.

    Best regards!
    Last edited by Brr3782; 12-18-2018 at 06:58 PM.

  2. #2
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 28,547
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Default

    Welcome to the site--- post below in "WTB HK Parts & Accessories"!!!
    You may have to find 1 of 40 sets of USSOCOM slides (stripped) and barrels (no O-ring; right- “B” in circle) with no serial numbers or date codes just to get the MIL-spec barrel.

    Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 12-18-2018 at 07:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- post below in "WTB HK Parts & Accessories"!!!
    You may have to find 1 of 40 sets of USSOCOM slides (stripped) and barrels (no O-ring; right- “B” in circle) with no serial numbers or date codes just to get the MIL-spec barrel.

    Tony
    The slides (2) I have. I didn't bother to check the barrel(s). Here we go!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 28,547
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhivoder View Post
    The slides (2) I have. I didn't bother to check the barrel(s). Here we go!
    Proper barrels would consist of/be marked as follows:

    no O-ring; right barrel hood- “B” in circle; no serial numbers or date codes

    Tony

  6. #5
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2012
    Location : France
    Posts : 1,320
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    I've read posts that suggest that HK may have used mil-spec barrels in the European MARK 23s (SAAMI is a US standard), but have no confirmation of that. @AGG or others may know if G3Kurz ever commented on this possibility. Perhaps someone with both U.S. and European MARK 23s could take photos and measurements of the barrel to see if there is a difference.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

  7. #6
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 28,547
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I've read posts that suggest that HK may have used mil-spec barrels in the European MARK 23s (SAAMI is a US standard), but have no confirmation of that. @AGG or others may know if G3Kurz ever commented on this possibility. Perhaps someone with both U.S. and European MARK 23s could take photos and measurements of the barrel to see if there is a difference.
    That is my understanding--- samples exported to Europe have the MIL-SPEC barrels with 0.002” tighter chamber--- SAAMI for U.S. imports!!!

    Tony

  8. #7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2012
    Location : France
    Posts : 1,320
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    That is my understanding--- samples exported to Europe have the MIL-SPEC barrels with 0.002” tighter chamber--- SAAMI for U.S. imports!!!

    Tony
    So if the OP bought a European MARK 23 (with the Euro patent number on the frame) then he should have a mil-spec barrel.

  9. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    So if the OP bought a European MARK 23 (with the Euro patent number on the frame) then he should have a mil-spec barrel.
    CCF used to sell them. Servicemen in Europe could buy them through their Rod and Gun (Now Rod only) clubs. They would come in a wood-grained hard case.

  10. #9
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 28,547
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    So if the OP bought a European MARK 23 (with the Euro patent number on the frame) then he should have a mil-spec barrel.
    Not necessarily--- it would have had to be imported to Europe first--- all of the U.S. imports have the "EP" on the right grip panel since 2006 ("U.S." sporadically in 2004-2005)!!!

    Tony

  11. #10
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2018
    Posts : 41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for all the replies!
    So a European market mk23 is probably the shortest route between me and non-Sammi mk23? I suppose I should just find one for sale in europe and have an importer bring it in? Anyone able to suggest a reliable inporter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •