WTB: 416-like barrel
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: WTB: 416-like barrel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default WTB: 416-like barrel

I did a bad thing....

With the current sale Brownells has, along with some discounts I was able to apply, I ended up grabbing a 416 kit with the intention of either doing a M27 or 14.5" RECCE setup, eventually. I could just do the M27 setup with the Brownells barrel, but my OCD is balking a bit on the M203 notch. Given this is a purely fun project and there's about 100 other more important things in life, it's got me wondering if there's any other source for a 416-type barrel out there. I've done a ton of Googling and it seems like a MR556 barrel is an option, but isn't select-fire bolt, ie 416 bolt, friendly (?....have I read that right?). The Brownells barrel could work for a 14.5" RECCE setup if I had it cut down. But looking to expand my knowledge.

So, it seems that Nefarious Arms was doing a batch of 16" barrels, but not sure if they're even available anymore (I'll send them an email). Is there any other source for a like barrel? Chrome-lined is a plus, of course.

I fear I'm probably already delving into an area where I'm in over my head when it comes to knowledge, but trying to suck up as much as I can as I read various barrel threads here.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I did a bad thing....

With the current sale Brownells has, along with some discounts I was able to apply, I ended up grabbing a 416 kit with the intention of either doing a M27 or 14.5" RECCE setup, eventually. I could just do the M27 setup with the Brownells barrel, but my OCD is balking a bit on the M203 notch. Given this is a purely fun project and there's about 100 other more important things in life, it's got me wondering if there's any other source for a 416-type barrel out there. I've done a ton of Googling and it seems like a MR556 barrel is an option, but isn't select-fire bolt, ie 416 bolt, friendly (?....have I read that right?). The Brownells barrel could work for a 14.5" RECCE setup if I had it cut down. But looking to expand my knowledge.

So, it seems that Nefarious Arms was doing a batch of 16" barrels, but not sure if they're even available anymore (I'll send them an email). Is there any other source for a like barrel? Chrome-lined is a plus, of course.

I fear I'm probably already delving into an area where I'm in over my head when it comes to knowledge, but trying to suck up as much as I can as I read various barrel threads here.
    Given the market, you're {IMHO} better off just putting out a WTB add, for a 416 upper of your choice in length. Just my $.02
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nefarious was still taking pre-orders on all three barrel sizes (10",14.5",16") last I checked. I would email them and see if they still have available spots. Its a $75 deposit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

@gatordev
    There's a tab on a mr556 barrel extension that needs to be removed to work with your 416 carrier. Not a hurdle at all.

That said, I would contact nefarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Given the market, you're {IMHO} better off just putting out a WTB add, for a 416 upper of your choice in length. Just my $.02
    I hear you, but given what I've seen lately, I would have just grabbed UMP's M27 upper, however it's more than it appears I would be spending doing it this way. Although, I'm not above eating my own words.

Sounds like I need to send an email, either way. Thanks all!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

[QUOTE=gatordev;3570322]I hear you, but given what I've seen lately, I would have just grabbed UMP's M27 upper, however it's more than it appears I would be spending doing it this way. Although, I'm not above eating my own words.

Sounds like I need to send an email, either way. Thanks all

I may know of one like UMPs that will hit the market very soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post

I may know of one like UMPs that will hit the market very soon.
    I'm listening... @dms16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Geissele will be selling barrels before the end of the year.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craw View Post
    Geissele will be selling barrels before the end of the year.
    Better factor in that EVERYTHING they've been promising has been delayed in the last few years.
    Opulent, holshot36 and IsaacL like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The real question is if geisseles offering will be of the same material and construction as the URGI barrels.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links