WTB: HK91 .22 conversion kit & AM180 adapter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WTB: HK91 .22 conversion kit & AM180 adapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTB: HK91 .22 conversion kit & AM180 adapter

Looking to buy the HK91 conversion kit (NOT G3) and the AM180 adapter. Anyone have some for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Why are you opposed to a G3 .22 kit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotelKilo View Post
    Why are you opposed to a G3 .22 kit?
    Itís my understanding you have to tweak it with a little piece of rubber for it to function correctly. Iím just going off what Iíve read.

HotelKilo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know where one is but the guy is asking $899 for it which I think is too high. If it's something you're interested in I'll go check and see if he still has it. let me know.
    Last edited by gsxrjason; 08-24-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrjason View Post
    I know where one is but the guy is asking $899 for it which I think is too high. If it's something you're interested in I'll go check and see if he still has it. let me know.
    Yeah Iím definitely interested in one. Iíll agree I think thatís a little high. Please have him reach out to me directly. I specifically want the HK91 conversion kit though.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I'm all for "factory correct" and having things work smoothly .. price be damned.

But the .22 kit is where I made an exception, but I'm not viewing it as a collectors item. Just a functional way to shoot my 91 less expensively. So saving money on the cost of the kit itself made sense.
    I too was a little apprehensive about weird rubber tubing or what not in my gun.

FWIW, I'm glad I went with the G3 kit. $5 for a few feet of of 7/8" OD / 5/8" ID vinyl reinforced tubing, cut into 1.75" chunks and things are flawless. Despite what some threads here say, it IS possible to have things function properly.
    The kit cycles, and the charging handle locks back. I am not able to get the carrier to bind up, no matter how vigorously I work the charging handle.

I have ball-park 1000 rds of .22LR through my kit, and the piece of tubing is still intact with no ill effects.

Just point out that, at $900, you're well on your way towards TWO G3 kits. I picked up a G3 kit with an extra mag (i.e. 3 mags total) for $600 not long ago. A member here is selling a super minty kit for $500.

If you're of the mindset of "must be factory correct accessory" -- I get it, and you NEED the HK91 kit. If you're looking for a functional accessory to help you save bread on enjoying your '91 -- get the G3 kit.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    I'm all for "factory correct" and having things work smoothly .. price be damned.

But the .22 kit is where I made an exception, but I'm not viewing it as a collectors item. Just a functional way to shoot my 91 less expensively. So saving money on the cost of the kit itself made sense.
    I too was a little apprehensive about weird rubber tubing or what not in my gun.

FWIW, I'm glad I went with the G3 kit. $5 for a few feet of of 7/8" OD / 5/8" ID vinyl reinforced tubing, cut into 1.75" chunks and things are flawless. Despite what some threads here say, it IS possible to have things function properly.
    The kit cycles, and the charging handle locks back. I am not able to get the carrier to bind up, no matter how vigorously I work the charging handle.

I have ball-park 1000 rds of .22LR through my kit, and the piece of tubing is still intact with no ill effects.

Just point out that, at $900, you're well on your way towards TWO G3 kits. I picked up a G3 kit with an extra mag (i.e. 3 mags total) for $600 not long ago. A member here is selling a super minty kit for $500.

If you're of the mindset of "must be factory correct accessory" -- I get it, and you NEED the HK91 kit. If you're looking for a functional accessory to help you save bread on enjoying your '91 -- get the G3 kit.
    Thanks a lot for the reply! I am looking for a functional G3 kit unless I can get a reasonable deal on the HK91 kit for like 700ish. More than that, I could see just buying the G3 kit. I actually just picked up the AM180 adapter from A&D which is like finding a double horned unicorn. Now I just need to find a kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post

I have a G3 kit, which I have not yet used. Could you wise me up on the rubber tubing? The issue is new to me.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotelKilo View Post
    I have a G3 kit, which I have not yet used. Could you wise me up on the rubber tubing? The issue is new to me.

Thanks.

Here you can see the difference between the two kits. The genuine HK91 22 conversion kit has a piece of tubular metal on the back that prevents over travel.

HotelKilo likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTB: HK91 .22 conversion kit & AM180 adapter

Huge THANK YOU to user CircleSH for the AM180 drum adapter for the HK91 from A&D. CircleSH is a great seller and nice guy. I highly recommend him. Buy with confidence from CircleSH! Iím still looking for the HK91 (not G3) 22 conversion kit though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links