WTB: Damaged HK telescoping MP5 A3 stock for conversion to Tail Hook brace

Thread: WTB: Damaged HK telescoping MP5 A3 stock for conversion to Tail Hook brace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTB: Damaged HK telescoping MP5 A3 stock for conversion to Tail Hook brace

Greetings everyone!! I'm new to HK Pro just as I'm new to HK weaponry. I've been amassing various firearms for the last 6 years since my wife finally gave in and let me bring home an AR15 my father bought me. It was a S&W MP15 Sport and I had to store it at my father in-laws for a few months after it was gifted to me but ultimately is was the key to unlocking the flood gates of bringing firearms into the house. Ever since I've been very busy, trust me!!

Anyway, a short while ago I bought my first HK, an SP5. I am so in love with it I bought a used SP5K last weekend. I'm slowly of going through the trial and error process of procuring accessories for this wonderful pair. I really want to SBR the SP5K but I'm not sure I'll bring myself to do it(that's a topic for another post). Earlier today, I stumbled upon the adapter one can use to transform a genuine HK telescoping stock into a tailhook brace for my SP5(I hate the look of my telescoping SB tactical brace). The problem is, you have to cut the bottom portion of the shoulder stock pad off, basically ruining the HK stock.

So there are two issues here. Technically, I'm not allowed to purchase a genuine HK telescoping stock without a tax stamp and secondly, I would have to destroy a precious HK telescoping stock(which I refuse to do). So this got me thinking, I know the older genuine HK stocks are prone to braking as the rubber stock pad cracks and brakes off on it's own without having to destroy one. Moreover, a broken one can't really be used as a stock anymore so I'm willing to take the chance of buying one to convert it into a brace without fear of getting in trouble. My question is, do anyone of HK Pro's fine membership own a genuine HK collapsible/telescoping MP5 stock where the bottom portion of rubber stock pad broke off and would you consider selling it to so I can make tailhook brace project out of it? I would consider just buying the broken rubber stock pad with the attached guide rails.

(Just so everyone is clear, in an effort to stay on the safe side, I would have this sent to my father-in-laws home while it's in the process of conversion so I can completely avoid the legal issues with purchasing one. I won't bring it home until the conversion is complete. Trust me, I don't want to break any laws).

Thank you all, in advance, for your considerations and responses. I wish you and all your families the best during these turbulent times.
    Last edited by Willards; 05-17-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    -BW-

Godbless this Republic

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in our bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronaldus Magnus July 6th, 1987

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

plenty of GB - but you will still pay $400-500 unfortunately. Just search for "HK A3".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Broken ones? I can't say I've ever seen a busted one on GB but I'll keep looking. I understand, even broken, it may still be expensive but that's the nature of genuine HK parts. I'm not looking for a broke one to get it "cheaper", I'm just not willing to destroy a perfectly good HK stock and I really want it to build one of these tailhook braces out of genuine HK parts. So while it may take a while, I figured this is the best place to come looking.

Additionally, I'm willing to buy this as separate parts too. For example, I know for those of you who may have had your rubber stock pad break on your MP5 stock, they sell replacement stock pads with the attached guide rails. So, if you still just have the broken stock pad with the attached guide rails, I'll happily buy that, make the conversion, and worry about finding the HK receiver end cap separate.

Thank you for the suggestion though. Have a wonderful evening.
    Last edited by Willards; 05-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

PM sent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for some of your replies. Still searching for a genuine HK A3 stock with a broken rubber butt pad to make a brace out of. Let me know if you have one.

Thanks again everyone. I hope you all are having a great weekend.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A member on here started a thread wondering if his A3's broken butt pad could be fixed. I did not follow the thread so don't know what he ended up doing with it. You may try searching for it. It was this year. Maybe someone else will remember it or even the OP will chime in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    A member on here started a thread wondering if his A3's broken butt pad could be fixed. I did not follow the thread so don't know what he ended up doing with it. You may try searching for it. It was this year. Maybe someone else will remember it or even the OP will chime in.
    he fixed his with jb weld.

Sponsored Links