11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkduder View Post
    But in the case of the BRN-4 where the roll marks would
    still be in the front, what then?
    mill them off, jb weld fill them, etc.

911TT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Can the roll marks be left as is along with new markings?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdan87 View Post
    Uh. No.
    You contribute nothing to this forum except constant misinformation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    Fake news 2019^^^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrams View Post
    Alright so as @Nzfly stated NF will do the anodizing, however for them to work on it they need SN, MFG name, MFG city & state engraved on it. They also said that the reanodizing will not cover the original trademarks. So what we could do to get around that is have it media blasted and engrave the original SN, MFG name, MFG city & state on the receiver grip tang (tsc does this to theirs) then send it to NF for anodizing. They mentioned that they will engrave whatever (i did not ask about the 416 marks only the selector pictographs) Personally as stated before, i have access to a laser engraver and the files (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/848nx0nf1...HRaUpFfUlUUtAa ) so i will then engrave the 416 markings after its anodized. Important notice to those interested in turning it into an SBR is you have to Form 1 it AFTER you remark it.
    I am going to go ahead and do it using this method, I will post pictures and let you know how it went.

Does anyone have a vector file for the 416 full auto pictogram?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    I think he wants to keep that on the down low too...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrams View Post
    This comes from @straightgrain

"If you want to remark the *model* information of the weapon, you may do so, providing that your State law allows it, BEFORE you turn it into an NFA item (Title II). Once it becomes a Title II weapon (SBR, MG, etc.) you must receive explicit permission to remark from NFA Branch. And given the avalanche of paperwork they have, do not expect a rapid response. So if you are going to remark your weapon, do it before you apply for that stamp!"

Now whether you mark the model: Mr556 or 416d when filling out the form 1 idk
    There was a time, before NFA status was completely understood, that this was accepted as truth. Since we now know that NFA status for an SBR is based off of configuration, not the presence or absence of a registry entry, Title II guns have become a bit more genderfluid. We know it is true that you cannot change the markings on a Title II gun. Now we know that sometimes Title II guns can become Title I guns, and then become Title II guns.

ATF really doesn't seem to care whether you call your creation by it's old name, or it's new name. They'll approve it...but everyone knows if your form 1 says 'MP5' you are cooler than if it says 'HK94'.
    Nzfly, Nzfly and Nzfly like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Here's what I find confusing:

1. I see people marking 80% clone 416's with S/N's that appear to be copies of actual HK416 serials (e.g. 88-xxxxxx). This raises the question, how does one know a serial number is "unique"? Or does it just have to be unique to each manufacturer?

2. Similarly, these clones appear to lack the "true" manufacturer's name and location.

My understanding is neither of these are issues on a 80% build until it becomes a Title I or II, is that correct? However, most of these clones I've seen are SBR's so they must be Title II's. So I assume they were registered as "HK416, Heckler & Koch, Made in Germany, S/N: 88-xxxxxx"???

This all makes my head hurt...

Reference:

ATF Rul. 2013-3
    1. The manufacturer, importer, or maker must legibly and conspicuously place on the
    frame, receiver, barrel, or pistol slide (if applicable) his/her own name (or
    recognized abbreviation) and location (city and State, or recognized abbreviation of
    the State) as specified under his/her Federal firearms license (if a licensee);
    2. The serial number adopted must have been marked in accordance with 27 CFR
    478.92 and 479.102, including that it must not duplicate any serial number adopted
    or placed by the manufacturer, importer, or maker on any other firearm;
    Last edited by IsaacL; 01-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    Here's what I find confusing:

1. I see people marking 80% clone 416's with S/N's that appear to be copies of actual HK416 serials (e.g. 88-xxxxxx). This raises the question, how does one know a serial number is "unique"? Or does it just have to be unique to each manufacturer?

2. Similarly, these clones appear to lack the "true" manufacturer's name and location.

My understanding is neither of these are issues on a 80% build until it becomes a Title I or II, is that correct? However, most of these clones I've seen are SBR's so they must be Title II's. So I assume they were registered as "HK416, Heckler & Koch, Made in Germany, S/N: 88-xxxxxx"???

This all makes my head hurt...
    Answers reflect Fed Law, your state may vary:

1) Unique SN only applies to each maker/MFG. I can use "12345" and so can you since we are different makers.

2) Homemade Title I firearms do not require markings of any kind.

3) If it is Title II, it needs to have the maker/mfg on it. Nothing wrong with it having additional markings. For example, if you have a MR556 and you SBR it, it will have the HK/MR556 markings and your Title II markings most likely.
    IsaacL and Oicani like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Still looking for Vector (engraving files) for the 416 Full auto mark if anyone has them

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links