HK Mr556 to 416 remarking/conversion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HK Mr556 to 416 remarking/conversion

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    jbrams's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Location : US of A
    Posts : 29
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default HK Mr556 to 416 remarking/conversion

    Looking to do a remarking of a MR556 Lower to a 416. I know others have done this in the past and was wondering who they used or how they did it. I know TSC does them however im not thrilled with the idea of cerakoting it, does any do it with anodizing?

  2. #2
    Member
    Opulent's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2018
    Location : Austin, TX
    Posts : 80
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    I looking to do the EXACT same thing. I'm waiting for Jayson from IGF have availability, but he doesn't look to be slowing down anything soon with the 416 conversations he's doing. I just want my lower remarked and the FA selector markings on both sides, so the only way you can distinguish my lower from a a true 416 is the "241-" S/N and the lack of a 3rd pin.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 3,056
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 484
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    I’d stay away from IGF right now. Word is, he’s not responding to calls or emails and has had guns for months or a year+ in some cases.

    Do your own research, but that’s what I’ve been told.

    Quote Originally Posted by Opulent View Post
    I looking to do the EXACT same thing. I'm waiting for Jayson from IGF have availability, but he doesn't look to be slowing down anything soon with the 416 conversations he's doing. I just want my lower remarked and the FA selector markings on both sides, so the only way you can distinguish my lower from a a true 416 is the "241-" S/N and the lack of a 3rd pin.
    HK-91, HK-93, USC/UMP Conversion, SL8, G36C, HK45, HK45C, VP9, P30L, USPC 9mm, DJ Getz 94, Omega MP5SD, Vector 53, Vector 51, Cetme Sporter, C93, C93 Pistol, TD-415 (416 Clone), GSG9 416C clone.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    jbrams's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Location : US of A
    Posts : 29
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opulent View Post
    I looking to do the EXACT same thing. I'm waiting for Jayson from IGF have availability, but he doesn't look to be slowing down anything soon with the 416 conversations he's doing. I just want my lower remarked and the FA selector markings on both sides, so the only way you can distinguish my lower from a a true 416 is the "241-" S/N and the lack of a 3rd pin.
    Good to know someones in the same boat as me, I've reached out to several members on hkpro who have done theirs with anodizing but unfortunately they are all closed lips on who did it. Sent and email out to jayson to see if he was able to but haven't heard back. The only reputable place i know that anodizes is US Anodizing and they arent taking any orders at the moment. The markings arent a huge problem for me although id rather have someone who has done it in the past, i do have access to a laser engraver as well as the files. If you find someone/somewhere let me know!

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    jbrams's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Location : US of A
    Posts : 29
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately he does his with cerakote - which im not a huge fan of. Might end up having to do it though

  8. #7
    Member
    Opulent's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2018
    Location : Austin, TX
    Posts : 80
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrams View Post
    Good to know someones in the same boat as me, I've reached out to several members on hkpro who have done theirs with anodizing but unfortunately they are all closed lips on who did it. Sent and email out to jayson to see if he was able to but haven't heard back. The only reputable place i know that anodizes is US Anodizing and they arent taking any orders at the moment. The markings arent a huge problem for me although id rather have someone who has done it in the past, i do have access to a laser engraver as well as the files. If you find someone/somewhere let me know!
    As soon as I find someone myself, you'll be the first I reach out to!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    dangerdan87's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2008
    Posts : 166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a guy. But I can't say.
    But yes, there are people.

  10. #9
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    LEEF's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Lake Norman, NC
    Posts : 620
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdan87 View Post
    I have a guy. But I can't say.
    But yes, there are people.
    Awesome..that was helpful for all of us.
    N55, jbrams, TheJerkman and 1 others like this.

  11. #10
    911TT

    Join Date : Jul 2001
    Posts : 264
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Why is this such guarded info?

    Try Ident Marking, they have done it with MR556 lowers.

    DANGER* stay away from IGF
    TheJerkman and wallew like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

igf hk 416 remakr

Click on a term to search for related topics.