HK 91 Recoil Spring shortening and replacement
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gulfstategaurd
  • 1 Post By gulfstategaurd

Thread: HK 91 Recoil Spring shortening and replacement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK 91 Recoil Spring shortening and replacement

Anyone comfortable taking a HK German Back-plate Assembly removing the spring, shortening it about 2 inches and replacing it. This is for a blankfire weapon so I am not going to fire it with real ammo, I am simply trying to reduce the resistance on the bolt carrier . I have the HK German Backplate Assembly and even an extra spring. Willing to pay $80 including return postage for a reputable weaponsmith.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its easy enough to do yourself. Slide guide ring and spring back, clamp on rod to hod our of way, use a drift pin to remove the 2 spring pins, cut spring to new length, then replace the pins and end of rod (maybe even use new ones).

Question is did you read that this is the best way to do this? Might use a Different spring with less tension?
    tenhunter likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This one makes me feel pretty stupid, I might just be using the wrong push pins but have never had any luck getting them out. To the second question, there are not a lot of blank fire G3s I have seen aside from plastics. I use high power brass blanks and I can get them to cycle it just takes a lot of pressure. The spring seems like an easy modification, and safer than removing rollers, I have not seen any lighter springs for sale, that is why I figure it may just need to be trimmed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

have you considered swapping the locking peice for a no. 18? I have that size in my G3K And 51k. If that doesnt work well enough look at possibly a locking peice for a HK93. It may help you more than cutting the spring because it will allow the olt to cycle with less pressure. Also Maybe find the length of an MP5 spring to see if long enough to swap for the G3 spring. I do not know the specs but would think it a lighter weight spring. Hopefully someone else might jump in with that info. I would experiment with the locking peices first though.
    tenhunter likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is the difference with a 18 that makes it need less pressure? Also would I need to switch out the firing pin and spring too?

Sponsored Links