Zenith full auto host conversion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Zenith full auto host conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zenith full auto host conversion

What gun smiths are able and willing to do shelf conversions to these zenith guns?
    Thx
    Heath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you looking for smiths locally? Zenith Firearms can do F/A conversions.

LINK: https://zenithfirearms.com/full-auto-conversion/

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool Zenith Full Auto

Quote Originally Posted by doc diel View Post
    What gun smiths are able and willing to do shelf conversions to these zenith guns?
    Thx
    Heath
    ================================================== =======

Pretty sure Zenith will do them. Perhaps, James will chime in if he sees this thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've emailed zenith with no response. I've used investment grade firearms in the past but he's been pretty busy so looking for options.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I set up an older ATI imported MKE rifle as a host years ago. Bought the shelf and made an aluminum gage block to index the shelf then took everything to a local welding shop, a couple days later gun was done.
    mmissile likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The problem with sending it to zenith is that they want your sear/pack with it. Personally I wouldn't want to mail it off when they don't need it. I believe they are taking off the rear block and then were messing with the packs if they needed too to make them work with the gun.

PCS at one point was modifying full auto bolts by milling the trip section enough to clear the rear block but still allow it to hit the trip lever. I asked him about it a few months ago and he told me that he no longer provided that service.

In the past I know some had the guns converted to the HK style of block. They would have someone weld on a hk style semi shelf in the front and then remove the rear block. I don't think I'd personally remove the rear block with a HK style shelf in the front unless I had a letter from the atf saying it was ok.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    The problem with sending it to zenith is that they want your sear/pack with it. Personally I wouldn't want to mail it off when they don't need it. I believe they are taking off the rear block and then were messing with the packs if they needed too to make them work with the gun.

PCS at one point was modifying full auto bolts by milling the trip section enough to clear the rear block but still allow it to hit the trip lever. I asked him about it a few months ago and he told me that he no longer provided that service.

In the past I know some had the guns converted to the HK style of block. They would have someone weld on a hk style semi shelf in the front and then remove the rear block. I don't think I'd personally remove the rear block with a HK style shelf in the front unless I had a letter from the atf saying it was ok.
    That is not an entirely accurate statement.
    At Zenith, when conducting full auto conversions for customers, it is "recommended" that they provide the registered sear or trigger pack. The reason being is that, converting a semi auto trigger pack to fully automatic or even mounting a registered trigger pack to a receiver is all about "timing". The goal is to ensure that the sear/pack work perfectly with the host gun. Without having the necessary item present for fitting, function check and test fire, they cannot guarantee that. It would be like asking a mechanic to prepare your car for a turbo charger without providing him the exact turbo charger. He'll probably get it done correctly, but don't you want him to make sure its right before you get your car back and head out on the highway? Do you want to have to take it back in for a second attempt?
    This issue can be further complicated when the owner may have other host weapons they intend to use the new sear pack or current registered pack with, which is very common with HK roller delayed blowback designs. Significant deviations exist across different manufacturers of roller delayed weapons with how the trigger pack/group is actually mounted to the receiver because of the dimension of the semi auto shelf or other slight deviations in the receiver itself. In those cases, having the additional host receiver(s) can be helpful. Sometimes things work great across all platforms, other times slight modifications need to be made. Other times simple fixes, where just using a dedicated trigger housing for each host gun (fitted to the receiver) and dropping the sear pack in and out of each, is the best solution.
    Regardless, Zenith's goal, and any company's goal, is to make sure that the service is effective. Thus, the recommendation to provide all associated parts that will be part of the conversion. In the end though, its up to the customer.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I would like to know exactly how Zenith converts their firearms to be NFA compliant for those of us with transferable sears. Do they actually weld on a shelf to cover the front push pin hole, remove the carrier block and then add a full auto carrier, or do they have another conversion process that's acceptable with the ATF? I know there aren't a ton of people that own transferable sears, but my biggest turn-off with these guns is that they are not "sear ready" from the factory, like so many of the other clones out there.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LRM19k View Post
    I would like to know exactly how Zenith converts their firearms to be NFA compliant for those of us with transferable sears. Do they actually weld on a shelf to cover the front push pin hole, remove the carrier block and then add a full auto carrier, or do they have another conversion process that's acceptable with the ATF? I know there aren't a ton of people that own transferable sears, but my biggest turn-off with these guns is that they are not "sear ready" from the factory, like so many of the other clones out there.
    The removal of the receiver block is completed. Then either a full auto bolt carrier is swapped in or the semi-auto carrier is welded (customer's choice). The lack of "sear ready", like it is with the SP5K is an import restriction; "other clones out there" don't have to contend with import restrictions.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My biggest problem with zenith is the lack of communication, so I'm looking for another capable smith.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links