HK 416 clone Tanodizing - Any info/advice? Who to go to for anodizing?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK 416 clone Tanodizing - Any info/advice? Who to go to for anodizing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK 416 clone Tanodizing - Any info/advice? Who to go to for anodizing?

Hello everybody,

I am doing a clone of a friend's issued service rifle. It is a tanodized 416D in 10.4". I have a 416 upper and MR556 lower I would like to get re-engraved with correct markings and anodized in tan. Both upper and lower are made by HK, 7075 aluminum.

As I understand, the correct tan anodizing for this service rifle clone is "clear anodizing" without any dye - it looks tan/grey/green depending on lighting, and parts rarely match... From looking at reference pictures from the internet and from my Army homie, the issued service rifles vary in color from part to part - like upper and lower anyhow, so this isn't a concern for me.

I just have no idea who to go for to do the anodizing. I have already gone this far, so I am NOT interested in cerakoting an expensive upper and lower receiver just to save a buck.... I want it to be as correct as I can make it.

if you have any references, advice, info, or help of any kind I would be very appreciated.
    Also, as a side note, I have a black Wilcox riser with integrated flip mount, has anybody ever tried to re-anodize one in Tan???

Thank you everybody. I need help
    Best regards yall

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I think you will have a problem stripping the MR and not obliterating the serial. The HK serials are laser engraved to the bare minimum depth at best. Sandblasting it to remove the black will surely alter the serial.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Any re-anodize would also most likely fill / color the serial even if you managed to not blast it away by covering it in some way.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In that case, how to people who do this service rifle clone get around this issue?
    tanodized CAG cones always use the MR556 lower, the CNC 80% lower is 6061 and does not tanodize like the true HK receivers which are 7075, which is what I have been told

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

They don’t follow the law? They say it is anodizing but it is really cerakote? They used a Brownells lower because it has deep engravings?

There are a handful of 80% that were made from actual forgings. I have seen one tannodized clone built from one of them.

mp
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can someone post a pic of this tanodizing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RLTW!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Can someone post a pic of this tanodizing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camera made the markings look light. They are spot on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post

The camera made the markings look light. They are spot on
    Is that yours? Its gorgeous. Can you talk about how you did the re-anodizing?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondpembrose View Post
    Is that yours? Its gorgeous. Can you talk about how you did the re-anodizing?
    It’s not mine. It belongs to a friend of mine. It was made from a 416 factory forging, not a Brownells or MR556.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks man! Looks awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links