WTB: Hk sp5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: WTB: Hk sp5

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm going to continue and troll here. Let's just assume that once the craze settles, these will be sitting on the shelf as did the SP5K's. I believe there will be enough to go around. Just my two pennies.
    AutoLode likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    I'm going to continue and troll here. Let's just assume that once the craze settles, these will be sitting on the shelf as did the SP5K's. I believe there will be enough to go around. Just my two pennies.
    Wait till it gets closer to election time and Bernie Sanders is dem nominee, I am banking on these going up not down as people get what they want before the election.
    wallew likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    Wait till it gets closer to election time and Bernie Sanders is dem nominee, I am banking on these going up not down as people get what they want before the election.
    Bernie who?

Did you ever see “The Empire Strikes Back?
    veritas likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    This happens every four years regardless if it's a HK or Taurus.
    Gilly19 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

This happens every four years regardless if it's a HK or Taurus.
    In the vein of civil discourse we can agree to disagree just look at what has happened and the anti gun sentiment that has been architected and spread among our younger adult population under the last 4 presidents spanning the last 27 years. Lets see, we had 8 years each under Clinton, Bush, and Obama, and the majority of the gun buying public thought Hillary was a shoe-in in the last election. During the term of each of these presidents the overall impact was to put the guns and ammo buying public into buying sprees which drove prices up while driving availability down. This may great if your a seller with no manufacturing or acquisition basis, and only is so so if your a manufacturer and are able to support the elevated cost structures and have a developed reliable supply chain, but not so much if your a buyer or collector.

Even under Bush we didn't see prices on evil "pre-ban" AWB stuff come down due to that legislation remaining in effect under his presidency. Fortunately the panic and stockpile buying ran out of steam more or less once Bush and Trump got elected. However it didn't change the fact that the Dems left us us with the AWB, which fortunately for us eventually sunset. I am willing to wager that they wont let that happen again as I am sure they learned that lesson. Those same market run ups and buying sprees left many gun manufacturers over leveraged to due material and component costs when demand fell off during what should be a normal market and the pricing was not there to support their pricing and they had to dump inventory. While this has been great for the gun buying public, not so much for gun manufacturers and long term sustainability for the industry and us as gun owners and collectors.

Add to all of this the spate of mass shootings, and the anti gunners are on the move again even under Trump. To boot, they have even changed their tactics as they are now targeting individual states in order to do and end run around the feds. So take from all of this what you will. The trend is clear, they are seeking with each new round of government turnover and the fog of time to limit your ability to both buy and own guns and gun accessories by using guns and their accessories as political fodder.

Remember how bump stocks became illegal overnight? Thanks Trump and ATF for setting that president. Remember that this tactic is called "erosion" for a reason, it happens slowly over time and is insidious in its long term effect on our 2A rights. Also have you ever heard of the tactic of asking for way more than you really think is possible to achieve politically and then "negotiating" for the position your political agenda supported all along? Using that line of reasoning in an analogy goes like this, you just need to keep moving the anti-gun line forward kinda like the ground game in football, and if you happen to totally win in your negotiations it's like connecting with a flea-flicker to the end zone.

Time has taught me well and I have learned to "buy once cry once" because if you wait sometimes you get lucky, but most of the time you just miss out especially when it comes to anything HK.
    Last edited by flybynt; 03-05-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    veritas, Gilly19 and Hk91. like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIB SP5K's are pretty rare now I think. Gunbroker is gutted with SP5's at the moment though. 49 unique NIB SP5's if my count was correct. At MSRP and higher, I think it will take awhile to clear the market. If another retail round comes again next month, it'll be SP5 sale time.
    USP .40
    2 P7 "Jubilee", consecutive serial
    PSP Nickel
    VP9
    SP5K
    SP5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sportsmans warehouse had SP5 for $2799 a few days ago thats the lowest ask I've seen during this initial SP5 gouge phase if HK keeps up production I think we will see $2195 as MSRP same as the SP5K's which ended up selling as low as $1795 for the several I purchased

I was going to buy at $2799 as I don't have an SP5 yet but Sprotsmans is now charging sales tax at 10% which killed the bargain for me

re SP5K as soon as HK stopped shipping they jumped to $2700 here in Arizona and many sold them off at a profit at that price but they have now been selling as high as $3300 and I know a few guys who did get that for them

I bought numerous SP5K's from SWFA they had good base pricing and often had 10% off sales which brought them to $1795 but they have not had any for a long time and I think they have new management
    Last edited by AutoLode; 03-04-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    The Song Remains the Same

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^$2195 MSRP? That's rather optimistic.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLode View Post
    Sportsmans warehouse had SP5 for $2799 a few days ago thats the lowest ask I've seen during this initial SP5 gouge phase if HK keeps up production I think we will see $2195 as MSRP same as the SP5K's which ended up selling as low as $1795 for the several I purchased

I was going to buy at $2799 as I don't have an SP5 yet but Sprotsmans is now charging sales tax at 10% which killed the bargain for me

re SP5K as soon as HK stopped shipping they jumped to $2700 here in Arizona and many sold them off at a profit at that price but they have now been selling as high as $3300 and I know a few guys who did get that for them

I bought numerous SP5K's from SWFA they had good base pricing and often had 10% off sales which brought them to $1795 but they have not had any for a long time and I think they have new management
    I can't imagine HK would do a 22% drop in MSRP. I would assume their MSRP and dealer cost are going to be set unless they go up. We may see dealers selling them at cost if the supply picks up and demand drops, but I just don't see $1795 happening. It was worth alleviating my own stress levels and purchasing a few now to me. I would be kicking myself for decades if I decided to wait and importation stopped for some reason.
    Gilly19 and flybynt like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1182 View Post
    I would be kicking myself for decades if I decided to wait and importation stopped for some reason.
    Hear, hear! History tends to repeat itself. Get what you want now, before it's too late.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links