WTB: Hk sp5 - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: WTB: Hk sp5

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    Many of you are about complaining about getting, essentially, a state of the art, current production MP5, without a shoulder stock and full diopter rear sight, but with the state of the art German MP5 barrel, threaded, in addition to three lug, a fully ambidextrous Navy style trigger group, flapper mag release, with the latest F bolt group, and pretty much what any of you would pay $5500-6000 for a 94 with a 16 inch barrel, with no flapper release, an ugly steel 0-1 housing, and yet paying half of that is unacceptable? Then you would take that 94, and pay big bux to put a three lug (German if you're lucky) barrel in, flapper mag release and be into the kit for what, $8000?

I don't get it.

Forgive my frank tone. These guns aren't for bargain hunters. This is the first real effort from HK in DECADES to actually listen to what the gun buying public wants. Clones can always be had for less. Will at some point supply exceed demand and cause a price decrease? Maybe, but for now, viruses and world events are having an effect. They are reviving the roller lock PCC market, singlehandedly.

Change my mind.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Indreams84 View Post
    I did find it slightly humorous that some went so far as to bitch the thread pitch was not 1/2x32 to accommodate their KAC cans or that it was not sear-ready, thereby discarding the gun altogether.

We should all be so lucky to live in a world where we get the chance to buy a factory HK gun entering its SIXTH decade of production from a very different Germany since inception.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Count me as proudly one of the whiners. Yeah, the thread pitch change was a boneheaded decision. And the trip block, if not mandated as the only way HK could get the gun imported, then that was flat out stupidity. I’ll buy one, but only as a home defense “throw-away”, ending up in the evidence room.
    The fact is that the vast majority are not so fortunate to have so much disposable income to be concerned about sear readiness and the thread pitch. This may be the only HK made MP5 clone many will ever own and would not view a $2500 gun as a 'throw-away.' They don't already have a KAC can(s) or sear(s), and the SP5 thread accommodates a very large variety of accessories.

Self proclaimed whiners like you are more than welcome to spend as much as they want for a 'real deal' or a custom build that meets your demands, but don't look down on others for embracing the SP5 for what it is.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In stock at Grabagun for $3200 (was $3599)
    First price reduction Ive seen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rifle Gear has 4 at msrp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    In stock at Grabagun for $3200 (was $3599)
    First price reduction Ive seen
    Woo hoo...prices are sinking....
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vg247 View Post
    Rifle Gear had 4 at msrp.
    Just checked

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

The fact is that the vast majority are not so fortunate to have so much disposable income to be concerned about sear readiness and the thread pitch. This may be the only HK made MP5 clone many will ever own and would not view a $2500 gun as a 'throw-away.' They don't already have a KAC can(s) or sear(s), and the SP5 thread accommodates a very large variety of accessories.

Self proclaimed whiners like you are more than welcome to spend as much as they want for a 'real deal' or a custom build that meets your demands, but don't look down on others for embracing the SP5 for what it is.
    Here is where you are full of sh!t. Never did I ever “look down at others” for falling in love with the configuration of the SP5. Seems to me you display sear envy and have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.
    caf82313 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i got mine in from Brownells Monday as well, right before the Shelter In Place order and before the went back and forth on whether gun stores were essential businesses. it's so nice i don't know if i want to shoot it. HK did a great job on these. the trigger on my PCS feels better, but i'm sure this one, once broken in, will be just as nice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Count me as proudly one of the whiners. Yeah, the thread pitch change was a boneheaded decision. And the trip block, if not mandated as the only way HK could get the gun imported, then that was flat out stupidity. I’ll buy one, but only as a home defense “throw-away”, ending up in the evidence room.
    Here is where you are full of sh!t. Never did I ever “look down at others” for falling in love with the configuration of the SP5. Seems to me you display sear envy and have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.
    I did not mean to insult you, and only used the term 'whiner' because you called yourself one. Referring to the SP5 as a throw-a-way gun sounded a bit insulting to those who like them. A little like someone who just buys his first new car, a Honda Civic, and someone saying they're throwaway cars because he drives a Mercedes that costs 3-5x more.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I did not mean to insult you, and only used the term 'whiner' because you called yourself one. Referring to the SP5 as a throw-a-way gun sounded a bit insulting to those who like them. A little like someone who just buys his first new car, a Honda Civic, and someone saying they're throwaway cars because he drives a Mercedes that costs 3-5x more.
    You had every intention of insulting me. Not by the whiner comment, but from “the vast majority are not so fortunate to have so much disposable income to be concerned about sear readiness and the thread pitch.” Then you attributed false statements by me. Yeah, you meant nothing by it. I do have four sears. Bought my first sear in an HK94 MP5A3 build for $2,550. Second HK sear cost me $375, and the last one broke the bank at $1k. I got in years ago and bought a lot of stuff cheap. And, less than 10 years ago, you could buy 94’s all day long for $2,200. Throw away because only a retard would use one of their 94 MP5 guns for home defense when there is an essentially equal alternative that would cost half the value of the 94 build. Discharging any gun with bad intentions in a home defense situation is going to make it a bit difficult to get that gun back, so I much rather throw away an SP5. Not really sorry if those words hurt your feelings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You had every intention of insulting me. Not by the whiner comment, but from “the vast majority are not so fortunate to have so much disposable income to be concerned about sear readiness and the thread pitch.” Then you attributed false statements by me. Yeah, you meant nothing by it. I do have four sears. Bought my first sear in an HK94 MP5A3 build for $2,550. Second HK sear cost me $375, and the last one broke the bank at $1k. I got in years ago and bought a lot of stuff cheap. And, less than 10 years ago, you could buy 94’s all day long for $2,200. Throw away because only a retard would use one of their 94 MP5 guns for home defense when there is an essentially equal alternative that would cost half the value of the 94 build. Discharging any gun with bad intentions in a home defense situation is going to make it a bit difficult to get that gun back, so I much rather throw away an SP5. Not really sorry if those words hurt your feelings.
    You can read minds and know people's intentions? I was just stating what I thought was obvious: that most people do not have the resources to buy sears. You took that as a personal insult? And I have a chip on my shoulder? OK.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links