HKPRO Forums banner

WTB: Hk sp5

13K views 91 replies 47 participants last post by  albatros43 
#1 ·
The main thread I checked for availability of the SP5 was closed the other day. I'd like to use this one to post any deals people find on the SP5, them actually being available and ideally for less than MSRP.

#12 ·
Wait till it gets closer to election time and Bernie Sanders is dem nominee, I am banking on these going up not down as people get what they want before the election.

Reactions: wallew
#17 · (Edited)
Sportsmans warehouse had SP5 for $2799 a few days ago thats the lowest ask I've seen during this initial SP5 gouge phase if HK keeps up production I think we will see $2195 as MSRP same as the SP5K's which ended up selling as low as $1795 for the several I purchased

I was going to buy at $2799 as I don't have an SP5 yet but Sprotsmans is now charging sales tax at 10% which killed the bargain for me

re SP5K as soon as HK stopped shipping they jumped to $2700 here in Arizona and many sold them off at a profit at that price but they have now been selling as high as $3300 and I know a few guys who did get that for them

I bought numerous SP5K's from SWFA they had good base pricing and often had 10% off sales which brought them to $1795 but they have not had any for a long time and I think they have new management

#19 ·
I can't imagine HK would do a 22% drop in MSRP. I would assume their MSRP and dealer cost are going to be set unless they go up. We may see dealers selling them at cost if the supply picks up and demand drops, but I just don't see $1795 happening. It was worth alleviating my own stress levels and purchasing a few now to me. I would be kicking myself for decades if I decided to wait and importation stopped for some reason.

#24 · (Edited)
Got the call today from one of the LGS's I was on wait list for (the cheapest of all I called here in Michigan). They have one waiting for me. Sucks that have to pay the piper tax but OTD will be just shy of $2525.00. This make #2, first was just shy of $2650.00 with tax. Whittling the cost down. Still waiting for the $2400.00 OTD ones that supposed to be in this month. Hopefully they come in and as consecutive SN's, 1 for me and 1 for my son. Then I will stash the other 2 for the rainy day slush fund.

Edit: Was pleasantly surprised when I got to the LGS to pick her up. The final tally was a little lower, $2490.95

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

#30 ·
Got the call today from one of the LGS's I was on wait list for (the cheapest of all I called here in Michigan). They have one waiting for me. Sucks that have to pay the piper tax but OTD will be just shy of $2525.00. This make #2, first was just shy of $2650.00 with tax. Whittling the cost down. Still waiting for the $2400.00 OTD ones that supposed to be in this month. Hopefully they come in and as consecutive SN's, 1 for me and 1 for my son. Then I will stash the other 2 for the rainy day slush fund.

Edit: Was pleasantly surprised when I got to the LGS to pick her up. The final tally was a little lower, $2490.95

View attachment 253764
If could get one locally otd for $2500 I would buy it, the lgs wants $3000 plus tax

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Have to agree with the general sentiment. With elections so close I really don’t foresee these mean black rifles (beautify finish btw) settling much in price. Though the ones at $3,000 aren’t selling as quick, I would not expect to see any much below $2,500-2,600 this year unless you have a bro who doesn’t price gouge you. Just my two cents. For those that are still looking, happy hunting, I hope you get them cheap and shoot the %^*%# out of them!

#29 ·
This caught my eye today; all from same seller...

View attachment 254870
I hope the bottom falls out on the price of these just so that company has to off them. Not sure what those greedy terds are expecting to gain. They could have sold those over and again if they were reasonably priced. I for one would never consider buying anything from them and I hope more Michiganders do the same.

#42 · (Edited)
Many of you are about complaining about getting, essentially, a state of the art, current production MP5, without a shoulder stock and full diopter rear sight, but with the state of the art German MP5 barrel, threaded, in addition to three lug, a fully ambidextrous Navy style trigger group, flapper mag release, with the latest F bolt group, and pretty much what any of you would pay $5500-6000 for a 94 with a 16 inch barrel, with no flapper release, an ugly steel 0-1 housing, and yet paying half of that is unacceptable? Then you would take that 94, and pay big bux to put a three lug (German if you're lucky) barrel in, flapper mag release and be into the kit for what, $8000?

I don't get it.

Forgive my frank tone. These guns aren't for bargain hunters. This is the first real effort from HK in DECADES to actually listen to what the gun buying public wants. Clones can always be had for less. Will at some point supply exceed demand and cause a price decrease? Maybe, but for now, viruses and world events are having an effect. They are reviving the roller lock PCC market, singlehandedly.

Change my mind.

#43 ·
Many of you are about complaining about getting, essentially, a state of the art, current production MP5, without a shoulder stock and full diopter rear sight, but with the state of the art German MP5 barrel, threaded, in addition to three lug, a fully ambidextrous Navy style trigger group, flapper mag release, and pretty much what any of you would pay $5500-6000 for a 94 with a 16 inch barrel, with no flapper release, an ugly steel 0-1 housing, and yet paying half of that is unacceptable? Then you would take that 94, and pay big bux to put a three lug (German if you're lucky) barrel in, flapper mag release and be into the kit for what, $8000?

I don't get it.

Forgive my frank tone. These guns aren't for bargain hunters. This is the first real effort from HK in DECADES to actually listen to what the gun buying public wants. Clones can always be had for less. Will at some point supply exceed demand and cause a price decrease? Maybe, but for now, viruses and world events are having an effect. They are reviving the roller lock PCC market, singlehandedly.

Change my mind.
I did find it slightly humorous that some went so far as to bitch the thread pitch was not 1/2x32 to accommodate their KAC cans or that it was not sear-ready, thereby discarding the gun altogether.

We should all be so lucky to live in a world where we get the chance to buy a factory HK gun entering its SIXTH decade of production from a very different Germany since inception.

#47 ·
Count me as proudly one of the whiners. Yeah, the thread pitch change was a boneheaded decision. And the trip block, if not mandated as the only way HK could get the gun imported, then that was flat out stupidity. I’ll buy one, but only as a home defense “throw-away”, ending up in the evidence room.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.