WTB: SP5 (wait time?) - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WTB: SP5 (wait time?)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Thats too bad, sorry. The code worked when I put 1 in the cart or I would not have posted it.
    No worries man. I appreciated the heads up a lot. Missed out. Just checked now and it's sold out.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
    I went to the link to buy it, but the coupon code didn't work. I called, and the person on the line said they stopped it. So $2799, plus $35 for shipping. I am going to hold off and keep waiting. Thanks for the tip though.
    Yeah thanks for the post about your call. I did notice the $35 charge. Wow! I bought HK firearms before from them and no shipping charge like that ever before.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Between the rush on SP5’s and the rush on guns in general, I am not surprised. I got mine but it was delayed at one point because (I was told) when they came into the country something was missing and they weren’t going to ship incomplete units. I think the suggestion of getting a refund and buying on GB isn’t a bad one if you can deal with paying the full price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

there seems to be ample supply but the majority of dealers are still wanting $3k if they could live with a $200 profit instead of a $900 profit they could sell them at $2295 and order more I've seen dealers sitting on SP5's for months when if they just dropped the profit margin they could have sold a ton of them.

At that point I'd hope HK would commit to continuous production including more SP5k's
    The Song Remains the Same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ordered one last weekend when they popped up on Bud's, paid $2799 and picked it up yesterday (took 3 days to get it to FFL from when I ordered it). They were up on that site for a few hours and I figured they were back in stock, today they are nowhere to be found but are listed as anywhere from $1350 (on Brownells for some reason) to the full $3k. Honestly for stamped metal and plastic, I wouldn't but this for more than $2k

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voxman77 View Post
    Ordered one last weekend when they popped up on Bud's, paid $2799 and picked it up yesterday (took 3 days to get it to FFL from when I ordered it). They were up on that site for a few hours and I figured they were back in stock, today they are nowhere to be found but are listed as anywhere from $1350 (on Brownells for some reason) to the full $3k. Honestly for stamped metal and plastic, I wouldn't but this for more than $2k
    You wouldn’t buy it for more than $2K, but you did buy for $2.8K?
    Do you even HK, Bro?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    You wouldn’t buy it for more than $2K, but you did buy for $2.8K?
    More than likely a mistype, he probably meant to press the 3 and instead hit the 2 key. As for my previous post about my LGS saying to not worry about a downpayment because they thought it would take several months... They just had one show up at the store yesterday. I'm hoping to be next in line for the next one that shows up. They're a pretty small LGS but have received around 6 SP5s in 2020, none in 2019.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought it for $2799 and once I handled it I thought "No way this is a $3k firearm" as I had never seen one in person before. I'm sure it will be a fine shooter but the construction/materials don't say "$3k" but rather "$1800-2k" tbh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Bob's gun shop in Monroe, Iowa has one for $2350 cash/check. He doesn’t ship so it would have to be someone local or willing to make the drive. No luck for me in Indiana.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voxman77 View Post
    I bought it for $2799 and once I handled it I thought "No way this is a $3k firearm" as I had never seen one in person before. I'm sure it will be a fine shooter but the construction/materials don't say "$3k" but rather "$1800-2k" tbh
    I handled one at a store a couple months ago. Someone was picking it up, and he was nice to let me check it out. The construction and aesthetics were superior over my clones. But I think it's a case of diminishing returns on my money. Zenith was $1550, and the POF was $1100. I probably picked those up right before the prices went up a little bit. Said differently, the price point of the HK makes my 2 clones heck of a deal. However, I saw a unfired POF-5 went for over $2k in the last a few days on gunbroker. Compare to that I think HK is worth the money. Maybe $800 more is my upper limit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links