WTB: SP5 (wait time?)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WTB: SP5 (wait time?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default WTB: SP5 (wait time?)

Hi everyone, I did a quick search here but didn't find an existing thread where this question was asked. Here is my situation. I ordered an SP5 from a local shop in January. The store considered it a special order, and I needed to pay in full to begin the process. They quoted me $2450+tax, which I thought was more than reasonable given the MSRP. I gladly gave them my money. Since then I would call every couple weeks to check on it. At the beginning, they said that HK didn't even let them place the order, and they were waiting for a queue. Unexpected, but okay I guess. I think about a month into it, they updated me that HK took the order finally. Things seemed to be progressing, and I was getting my hopes up. Fast forward to today, cinco de mayo, still no gun and no eta. I wouldn't be surprised that Covid-19 slowed things down, but what would you expect it should take? The store is reputable, and I have no concern there. But the situation is frustrating nonetheless.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
    Hi everyone, I did a quick search here but didn't find an existing thread where this question was asked. Here is my situation. I ordered an SP5 from a local shop in January. The store considered it a special order, and I needed to pay in full to begin the process. They quoted me $2450+tax, which I thought was more than reasonable given the MSRP. I gladly gave them my money. Since then I would call every couple weeks to check on it. At the beginning, they said that HK didn't even let them place the order, and they were waiting for a queue. Unexpected, but okay I guess. I think about a month into it, they updated me that HK took the order finally. Things seemed to be progressing, and I was getting my hopes up. Fast forward to today, cinco de mayo, still no gun and no eta. I wouldn't be surprised that Covid-19 slowed things down, but what would you expect it should take? The store is reputable, and I have no concern there. But the situation is frustrating nonetheless.
    I asked my reputable and very agreeable LGS to locate one...........they said the distributor laughed out loud. These things are usually allocated to the distributors, and of course they want to favor the bigger accounts. Fast forward to today, Corona Day as we called it at the TexMex place I worked when I was in shape and better looking, things are settling down. If it were me, I would confirm that they will refund you as they have not gotten the item, and then go get one one the open market as the are showing up < MSRP. Several on GB for $2900 BIN
    Last edited by kbinmt; 05-05-2020 at 10:34 PM.
    CharlieDeltaJuliet likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The shop I deal with normally was honest with me that they didn’t know when they could get any so they weren’t taking any deposits or orders. I haven’t seen one in the wild yet here in Odessa/Midland area since they came out. I ordered mine on GB and I couldn’t be happier. This covid bs will only make things worse.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ordered my SP5 the day after its release was announced approximately on December 2nd, and my LGS took delivery of it on April 15th directly from HK. So my wait was approximately 4 1/2 months.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

December 3 order, March 19 ship; Brownells.

Worth the wait.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I put a 25% down payment on one at my LGS two weeks after the SP5 was announced. I was third in line and received it March 24th. I just walked in today to put a down payment on another one and they told me that they do not know when they'll be receiving another one.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted a want to buy ad on several forums. A dealer on one of the forums PMed me and I got one for $2850 shipped. Little high, but it's in my hands.
    Officially Addicted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just talked to several gun stores this past week that said the virus has caused some shipping delays, but apparently there is a LOT of them in the pipleline coming our way. Many stores were expecting them very soon.
    USP .40
    2 P7 "Jubilee", consecutive serial
    PSP Nickel
    VP9
    SP5K
    SP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, HK took the order. Wait it out, and you will get your SP5. In the meantime, buy mags.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffe View Post
    OP, HK took the order. Wait it out, and you will get your SP5. In the meantime, buy mags.

You HOPE that H&K took the order.
    The LGS could just as easily held onto the money (think of the current economy) and NOT placed the order.

OP: I hope this did not happen. Out of curiosity, how did you pay the LGS “in full”? What method was used?
    Just looking out for you and hoping that you covered yourself.
    HKPRO likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links