FOUND * WTB: HK mr556 a1
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By wallew
  • 1 Post By jamesp

Thread: FOUND * WTB: HK mr556 a1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FOUND * WTB: HK mr556 a1

Hello All. I am looking to buy a NIB or Like New HK MR556 A1. Please help me purchase my first HK rifle. Thanks!
    Last edited by jamesp; 06-11-2020 at 04:14 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I did a quick search for you via online retailers (I don't do gunbroker or those auction sites..personal decision) and NOTHING.

I would suggest that if you get no hits here for anyone to sell to you check with you your local gun stores that are authorized HK dealers and they can put an inquiry in with their providers to hopefully secure you one. I know they just released the FDE colored ones too. Good luck in your search! I bought mine from EuroOptics for $2500 in January before COVID and prices jumped. And I love it! Also may want to entertain picking up an extra MRS 5 slot rail if you want to use a fore grip or bipod with it.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

@wallew had a couple I know he sold one not sure on other
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    @wallew had a couple I know he sold one not sure on other
    Thanks everyone! So you don't like Gunbroker? That seems to be the only place that has them :(. Yes, @wallew is great! I have been in touch, and has the CR556 for sale. I was reading and besides the minor differences, the CR doesn't seem to as popular as the MR? If I'm not mistaken, it sold for less?
    Last edited by jamesp; 05-30-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Actually HK dumped the Competition model back in December 2018. And it DUMPED all the CR556 models on the internet via their distribution network. So for the next several months they were selling around $2200 - $2500. Then EVENTUALLY all the CR556's that were available eventually sold. So now they are not made anymore. At least HK has not come out with a new version of the MR556A1 Competition or the CR556A1 Competition YET. They may do so eventually, or they may not. As I do not work for HK, I cannot say.

But I got the two I purchased back in November 2018 BEFORE HK dumped this model. And then watched the price dip.

So I finally decided to sell my two. Had NOTHING but problems, mainly because of the COVID rush by people who realized that they may actually need a way to protect themselves and their family. Over the past three months MOST gun stores have customers that they did not have prior to COVID.

In California, they have passed so many laws, that if you are outside of California, you have to jump through so many hoops that MOST gun stores do not ship to California because it's not worth the effort. I have been told by some folks that it is easier to ship a firearm overseas than ship it to California. You can't sell certain firearms and IF you can, you have to modify it to not work as it was designed but how CALIFORNIA says it has to work (generally the modifications make it harder to use, not easier) so no gun stores in Texas are willing to ship to California.

In Denver, the gun stores there are so swamped, taking in 'online purchases' and process them, they literally do not have the time to sit on the phone waiting for CBI to approve the sale. All the while ignoring customers in their stores while they wait on the phone for the CBI to either approve or deny the purchase. None of the local gun stores in Denver are now accepting 'online purchases' which basically means MOST people that do online purchases are buying a firearm that the LGS does not have in stock and can't sell it to them, so they look elsewhere. But even when they find what they are looking for, they cannot find a gun store that will receive it AND run the background check through the CBI. Plus because the volume of gun sales goes through the roof, the time to get CBI approval takes longer and longer - at least four to five hours according to a buddy of mine that has his own shop.

But I sold my first rifle to a member here almost a month ago and they WERE able to get their FFL to accept an 'online purchase'. I had tried three different times with three different people who wanted the rifle but we could not figure out how to ship it to them and get the background check completed.

So here I sit, with one more MR556 A1 Competition model to sell. I have had some interest, but for whatever reason I have had no buyer step up yet. Hopefully I will be able to finish the sale of the NIB MR556 and just move on.
    Last edited by wallew; 05-30-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    anavrin0901 and caf82313 like this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Thanks everyone! So you don't like Gunbroker? That seems to be the only place that has them :(. Yes, @wallew is great! I have been in touch, and has the CR556 for sale. I was reading and besides the minor differences, the CR doesn't seem to as popular as the MR? If I'm not mistaken, it sold for less?
    I am SURE there are legit sellers and even legit online dealers on Gunbroker, just my personal preference as I also see scams too so I try to only buy from legit businesses whenever possible and if I am unfamiliar with them I will chat with them first to see what kind of people they are and if trustworthy, SOLD! I'm sure you can get something great on Gunbroker. Don't let my jaded view dissuade you. Apologies there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    I am SURE there are legit sellers and even legit online dealers on Gunbroker, just my personal preference as I also see scams too so I try to only buy from legit businesses whenever possible and if I am unfamiliar with them I will chat with them first to see what kind of people they are and if trustworthy, SOLD! I'm sure you can get something great on Gunbroker. Don't let my jaded view dissuade you. Apologies there.
    No aplogy necessary. I welcome all opinions. That's why I enquired here. This site has trustworthy and honest members who can point me in the right direction. I will make calls to dealers next week to see what can be aquired. Thanks.
    anavrin0901 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good luck with your search! I have been looking for an SP5 for a month without paying more than MSRP after taxes.

Sponsored Links