HB 1588/ SB 5625

Thread: HB 1588/ SB 5625

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HB 1588/ SB 5625

HB 1588 - 2013-14

I may not be the best writer, but this is what I wrote.

Gentlemen,

I am against HB 1588/ SB 5625,

I believe this is a form of handgun registration between private parties as new handgun transfers are registered with the state, an unneeded tax that law abiding citizens are going to be forced to pay and criminalizes law abiding citizens' transferring firearms intrastate without the requirement of a Federal Firearms Licencee, who are not always available or willing to do transfers all the time. If an FLL is unwilling to do a transfer because of 20 dollars it can be difficult to transfer that firearm legally. Firearm stores cant even keep up with the sales NOW, with all the fear that legislators want to make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves, some times the wait from the National INSTANT Criminal Background Check System, can take up to 30 minutes, when less than two years ago was literally instant.

It is illegal already for a non FFL to transfer firearms interstate, many FFLs are just not willing to transfer firearms because of the extra work or had a bad experience doing a transfer with individuals, or because they just don't want to.

In 2010, the FBI denied 72,659 National Instant Criminal Background Check System checks out of a total of 14,409,616. But only 62 of these cases were actually prosecuted, and only 13 resulted in a conviction. Many of these are false flags. If you have the same name as someone who is a criminal, you will have to wait because it is based on name and what the person looks like.

If anything I think this may deter people from doing a background check. Who would want to transfer something to their son or a best friend they knew for 15 years and have to pay to do it for 20 dollars, when they could already do it legally before for free, it is like making all regular firearms like rifles in the same class as suppressors or machine guns, having to pay a transfer tax on it and illegal to transfer without a special licence to do so.

Putting a 20 dollar tax, yes this is a tax, on something that was free for hundreds of years, I think makes people less free.

I believe that criminals who are not willing to follow the laws in place to not transfer firearms to criminals will not follow a new law says for them to transfer their guns legally in the first place, and pay a 20 dollar fee on top of that.

Measures to control the law abiding rarely does anything to control the criminals and hurts the law abiding in the process.

V/R
    HK KG M"ark" 23 w/ camo case. Knights Armament Corp MARK23/USPT Full size suppressor.
    HK BC P30(00) 9mmx19 V3 w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BD HK45C(T) V1 FDE w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BG SP5K Cal. 9mmx19

"Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 2010!" The disarmament of law abiding citizens is the required precursor to genocide.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by G3Kurz Hidden Content
    Also when you play the "HK" Octoberfest CD in reverse it provides instructions on the rise of the Fourth Reich.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are my efforts in vain?

Sponsored Links