Mark 23 help in SE WI?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pysaki

Thread: Mark 23 help in SE WI?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Mark 23 help in SE WI?

I've been considering buying a Mark 23, but haven't had the opportunity to shoot one. Before I drop almost 2k (3k with the KAC can) on a pistol I've never tried, I thought I'd ask the community if there was anyone in the southeast WI area that would let me try theirs. I'll pay for ammo and compensate the owner for their time if necessary. Many thanks to HKPro and the awesome members!

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No bites. Sorry to see that. If you travel out to NW Oregon for training or vacation, you are welcome here any time. Can shoot right here at the house.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pysaki View Post
    I've been considering buying a Mark 23, but haven't had the opportunity to shoot one. Before I drop almost 2k (3k with the KAC can) on a pistol I've never tried, I thought I'd ask the community if there was anyone in the southeast WI area that would let me try theirs. I'll pay for ammo and compensate the owner for their time if necessary. Many thanks to HKPro and the awesome members!
    Sorry, I sold a pair of these not long ago. They were just too big for my hands. I do have a HK45C that I personally prefer over the Mark 23 if you're interested in that model. If not, no worries and best of luck in your search.
    MP5 Zenith Z-5P | MP5 POF 5-PK| MP5 Omega | MP5K (Atlantic) AA 89K| MP5 Bobcat BW-5 SBR | HK53 Clone V-53 SBR | HK USP 45 CT | HK VP9 | HK VP9 Tac | HK Mark 23 | Gemtech Blackside | HK 45C |HK TAN USP Tactical .45 |

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for your responses guys. Since you guys have owned them, in your opinion, does the Mark 23 do anything the USP 45 tac and HK45 don't do almost as well? I want one mostly for fun, but I'm having a hard time with the practicality of it, since I already own a USP45T, an HK45 and HK45c.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I am old now. Have disposed of most of my sentimental and special guns to the kids and others.
    When I get a gun these days, it is for a reason.
    I bought my Mk23 to replace pistol caliber carbines and several handguns with one pistol. One pistol that is every bit as accurate at similar ranges as the carbines but that will accept lasers and lights and a suppressor. The 45acp is the perfect caliber for my purposes and accessories. Effective and fun for me or for any experienced shooter I hand it to if he needs it, and super fun for guests at our place.
    It's that simple.

I do have other handguns for other reasons and most of the others are easier and cheaper to holster and hide, but not one of them (none that is a repeater) is as accurate or flexible when I settle down to perform a delicate task suited to a handgun. I can match the Mk23 accuracy with a TC single shot, but the machining costs money and it's not a pistol in the nearly same league.
    I could have done this with a USP or a smaller HK, and guests wouldn't have known the difference. But I wanted the threads, the extra-long sight radius, the caliber, and big, husky grips (have past hand injuries and they hurt) all in one gun that is designed from the start to be fired with a suppressor. Mk23 has all that, and no value-reducing modifications would be required. Modifications are like socks - you like them black, but the next guy wanted yellow. Some day soon, someone will want my Mk23 or its full value.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for your responses guys. Since you guys have owned them, in your opinion, does the Mark 23 do anything the USP 45 tac and HK45 don't do almost as well? I want one mostly for fun, but I'm having a hard time with the practicality of it, since I already own a USP45T, an HK45 and HK45c.
    Unless you are wanting a Mark 23 for collectability purposes, the USP45t is sufficient--- a KAC suppressor (USP) may be a little difficult to source!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Now Cobblestone has me leaning toward the other side of the fence - what a no compromise endorsement. My concern is that if I decide I DO want one in the future, they may be even more scarce, especially if I'm also looking for the KAC suppressor. Already, it seems like most of the places that have them in stock are asking 2100-2300.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Now Cobblestone has me leaning toward the other side of the fence - what a no compromise endorsement. My concern is that if I decide I DO want one in the future, they may be even more scarce, especially if I'm also looking for the KAC suppressor. Already, it seems like most of the places that have them in stock are asking 2100-2300.
    Sorry I'm not in your area, and can't let you run mine as a result. I own a Mark 23, USP Tactical, and an HK45 Tactical. I prefer shooting the Mark 23 in almost every situation. With my octane 45, it has the least blowback. I don't try to carry any of them, so I won't comment on that usage. None of them are deficient in my opinion, I just view the 23 as my favorite.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HecklerundSauer View Post
    Sorry I'm not in your area, and can't let you run mine as a result. I own a Mark 23, USP Tactical, and an HK45 Tactical. I prefer shooting the Mark 23 in almost every situation. With my octane 45, it has the least blowback. I don't try to carry any of them, so I won't comment on that usage. None of them are deficient in my opinion, I just view the 23 as my favorite.
    I was curious about that - my Octane has quite a bit of blowback on my hk45c and a couple other hosts. I've really been enjoying your videos and your endorsement of the P30 has me wanting a threaded barrel for my p30L. Might have to go with RCM since it looks like the factory ones are pretty scarce.
    HecklerundSauer likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I was curious about that - my Octane has quite a bit of blowback on my hk45c and a couple other hosts. I've really been enjoying your videos and your endorsement of the P30 has me wanting a threaded barrel for my p30L. Might have to go with RCM since it looks like the factory ones are pretty scarce.
    RCM would be a good bet. Get 1/2 x 28 if you can. My Octane likes to unscrew its piston housing with left hand pistons. I think the blowback is especially bad on the HK45s, I'm not sure why though.

Sponsored Links