Problem with new z5rs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problem with new z5rs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Problem with new z5rs

Got a new zenith 5rs. So I had a few failure to feed (about10) with lawman 147gr. Had a can on it. Then trigger wouldn't fully reset without a bump from my finger.

Headed tomorrow to run 400 rounds of ball through it as per zenith advice. Anyone else help me out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you break the weapon down for a thorough cleaning, and a good lube?? New guns are tight and need that.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I didn’t have to break mine in at all. Ran fine with Speer Lawman 147 grain right out of the box, both with and without a suppressor. How are they failing to feed? Round getting hung up on the way into the chamber, or not getting picked up at all from the mag?
    Do you even HK, Bro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's getting hung up and scaring the nose of bullet. Also the trigger isnt fully resetting on most of pulls. Takes a slight nudge for it to reset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

something wrong there, what mags are you using? When I got mine few years back, someone on the way stole the 3 mags from the box. They when missing from Turkey to Miami who knows. So I started with HK mags from day one. Run 200rds of 124gr +p ammo, after that it got a lot smoother, but never had a issue. Clean it well and try again. Good luck

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merchantsailor View Post
    Got a new zenith 5rs. So I had a few failure to feed (about10) with lawman 147gr. Had a can on it. Then trigger wouldn't fully reset without a bump from my finger.

Headed tomorrow to run 400 rounds of ball through it as per zenith advice. Anyone else help me out?
    Maybe grease the trigger pack? I had that issue in my UMP and found the pack was dry as a bone, with a little grease it hasn’t happened since.

Take the can off during the break in.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine didn’t like 147 grain Lawman either. She Loves regular ball ammo, especially Winchester 124 grain nato!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My new Zenith 5RS has had issues with hollow point ammo. Runs like a top on FMJ ball. Accurate too. I'm going to try the hollow points again next week.

PROUD ASA MEMBER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The original MP5 spec which MKE builds their guns to and even current production MP5’s do not have a feed ramp. They were never designed to feed flat nose rounds. If yours does great but it should not be expected for them to. Same goes for hollow points. Some may work. Curved mags will help with feeding but there’s no guarantee. This has been discussed ad nauseam. This is going to sound like me being a jerk but to all these new folks buying 9mm roller-locks or clones or whatever, you really need to do research on the platform and get an understanding of what you’re getting before you come on here posting “problems.”
    Last edited by HKSIGslinger; Yesterday at 01:17 PM.
    flybynt and AggieSigGuy like this.
    HK addict in constant search for a cure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merchantsailor View Post
    I ran my new Z5RS for the first time last weekend. It ran fine with Magtech 115gr FMJ and Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ CF (with and without a suppressor). I also experienced the trigger not fully resetting when I got to the end of shooting. I just guessed that it was due to inadequate lubrication, though I did spray the trigger pack down with oil prior to shooting. I'm not really worried about it because I'm replacing the whole trigger pack anyway for sec922(r) compliance as part of its conversion to a SBR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links