2nd batch Z5RS Paint chip/flaking
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2nd batch Z5RS Paint chip/flaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love my new 2nd batch Z5RS not even a week old it hasn’t left my side. Great shooter 350 rounds through her 0 failures. Tomorrow I plan on running another 1k rounds of 124gr. through her. She will be used and not locked away. What extra parts beside extractor springs should I get?
    Also is this paint chip/flake normal around the mag well on both sides? It’s not from mag reloading to high...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd batch Z5RS Paint chip/flaking-d11f2da1-91f9-4873-b68a-4c08824372d7_1561763242509.jpeg   2nd batch Z5RS Paint chip/flaking-c6a5be5b-b4ed-4790-83b4-1a7e26741626_1561763254158.jpeg  
    Last edited by Bigboy556; 06-28-2019 at 11:33 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

extractor spring, not ejector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bauerdb View Post
    extractor spring, not ejector
    Yeah duh 🙄 not sure why I wrote that

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Did your paint on the mag well start out like that, or has it developed over the past week?

I've done a fair amount of mag changes on mine and it doesn't have the "chips" (?) that yours does... not sure what to make of that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drh2687 View Post
    Did your paint on the mag well start out like that, or has it developed over the past week?

I've done a fair amount of mag changes on mine and it doesn't have the "chips" (?) that yours does... not sure what to make of that one.
    I looked back at the pic I took from day 1 of ownership on the 22nd and the chips are there just never seen it before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd batch Z5RS Paint chip/flaking-7a93c1b5-4eea-43ac-a4ec-24b48c5a81e3_1561768677212.jpeg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, then I reckon your best option is to send it back to Zenith for warranty service. Unless you decide to not let them bother you, in which case just carry on living your life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, then I reckon your best option is to send it back to Zenith for warranty service. Unless you decide to not let them bother you, in which case just carry on living your life.
    Yeah IDK. it’s a tool it’s going to get beat up anyways. I’ll contact them and see what can be done. Not gonna loose sleep over it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They've taken good care of me and everyone else I've read about sending warranty work back. Should be fairly painless for you if you decide to go that route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They've taken good care of me and everyone else I've read about sending warranty work back. Should be fairly painless for you if you decide to go that route.
    Yeah I’m gonna send in over 2gs out the door I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

My guess is after the parking they didn't clean it off enough before paint and it had some oil there that caused the paint to chip. I'd see if they will strip the gun, repark, and refinish under warranty. This isn't that uncommon of a problem although I've usually seen it on AK's where they were not de-greased correctly before the paint was applied.
    gsyoung54 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links