HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decent article in “Tactical Weapons” Sept issue on the P30 and HK45. The reported accuracy of both weapons is what stood out for me-about an inch and a quarter 5 shot groups at 30 yards for both.

Also, the article stated the US Park Police SWAT and the Maine State Police have adopted the HK45. I didn’t know this, it is nice to see the HK45 being picked up.

Here is a link to the partial article: Tactical Life POWERHOUSE LAWMEN HKs
Did anyone on here write the story?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very interesting! thank's for sharing this...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wonders what holster / duty rig they have selected....

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Take Tactical-Life with a grain of salt...they aren't really known for doing a lot of fact checking and source verification. Trust me on that.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hmm never heard that but I'll take your word as I'm not really big on gun mags. What would you recommend a good read being?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really need to get one of these pistols after hearing such great things, I think p30 in 9mm will make its way to my home soon!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I'd bet, if either agency did adopt the HK45, they are using Safariland 6280's. that's what I use for mine.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Wait for Nyeti to chime in. If I remember correctly he writes articles for gun magazines.
If his articles are like his writings here and M4C, and other writers followed suit, I would start reading the gun rags again in a heartbeat. Most of the people I regard highly (Hackathorn, Vickers, Cooper to name a few) have written articles at one point or another.

Sadly, we are discussing a dying medium that has lost what little objectivity it had. Part of me died a little inside when I saw a $2k+ precision rifle on the cover of Tactical Weapons wearing a Counter Sniper scope. G&A got to be the same crap over and over again...until they put it in TV form.

And believe me, I wish I could tell you in full detail about the specific incident I alluded to above, but the bottom line is that twice TL references what a 2 minute Google search would reveal to be a liar, fraud, and disgrace to LE (yes, I know this man personally as do many of my colleagues). Either they were lazy and didn't do their homework, or didn't care and just wanted to write about some crappy AR. Either way is rather piss poor if you ask me.

Writing off all gun rags may be short-sided on my part, but "Tactical-life" gets a special gold star for that one in my book.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My favorite is if you subscribe to Guns & Ammo and to Handguns (by Guns & Ammo), the guns covered in each issue are the same each month, and there is some actual duplication. For example, they do a full-length article on a pistol in Handguns, and then copy and paste some choice paragraphs into a one page article for Guns & Ammo. Always the same guns being covered in both each month. What a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And believe me, I wish I could tell you in full detail about the specific incident I alluded to above, but the bottom line is that twice TL references what a 2 minute Google search would reveal to be a liar, fraud, and disgrace to LE (yes, I know this man personally as do many of my colleagues)
Does this individual have the initials JY?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If his articles are like his writings here and M4C, and other writers followed suit, I would start reading the gun rags again in a heartbeat. Most of the people I regard highly (Hackathorn, Vickers, Cooper to name a few) have written articles at one point or another.

Sadly, we are discussing a dying medium that has lost what little objectivity it had. Part of me died a little inside when I saw a $2k+ precision rifle on the cover of Tactical Weapons wearing a Counter Sniper scope. G&A got to be the same crap over and over again...until they put it in TV form.

And believe me, I wish I could tell you in full detail about the specific incident I alluded to above, but the bottom line is that twice TL references what a 2 minute Google search would reveal to be a liar, fraud, and disgrace to LE (yes, I know this man personally as do many of my colleagues). Either they were lazy and didn't do their homework, or didn't care and just wanted to write about some crappy AR. Either way is rather piss poor if you ask me.

Writing off all gun rags may be short-sided on my part, but "Tactical-life" gets a special gold star for that one in my book.
Oh I agree with you, I wasn't discrediting your opinion I was just asking if Nyeti could chime in with his experience as well. But everything you said above I agree with. I do buy RECOIL just because it's a lifestyle magazine and not a collection of piss poor badly written reviews.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmm never heard that but I'll take your word as I'm not really big on gun mags. What would you recommend a good read being?
I like Gun Tests, been getting it for years. Gun tests accepts no commercial advertising. A consumer's report for the gun owner. Although some may disagree with their testing methods on certain guns, they are the best review mag I have seen.

Gun Tests the consumer resource for the serious shooter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh I agree with you, I wasn't discrediting your opinion I was just asking if Nyeti could chime in with his experience as well. But everything you said above I agree with. I do buy RECOIL just because it's a lifestyle magazine and not a collection of piss poor badly written reviews.
Recoil is my new favorite mag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts