HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a while back about whether to go for an MP5 or -k form factor, decided on the -k, and have ended up going with PTR based on not wanting to wait 10 months for a DT or pay $5k for an HK. While that is in shipping and transfer from Atlantic, I have a few days to think about spare parts. Thoughts on what to have on hand beyond magazines and extractor springs? I will eventually be filing a Form 1 to SBR it and getting an appropriate locking piece for suppressed use, but will hold off until after a few hundred rounds of break-in and reliability checks.

I typically keep various other springs, a firing pin, and an extractor on hand for weapons I plan to keep around. Should anything else be on the list?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Extractor springs are the #1 spare to have with a roller lock, and an extractor
Roller retainers and pins and +/- roller sets in the long term if you plan on tweaking things with a can/ammo

2nd line: firing pin, firing pin spring, recoil spring assembly
3rd line: spare bolt head, ejector/ejector spring

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, extractor springs on order. Is there any reason to not stick with PTR parts for the rest? Thinking that if what PTR uses are slightly out of HK spec, they should at least be in spec with each other, and I will be stuck with their trunnion anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks all, extractor springs on order. Is there any reason to not stick with PTR parts for the rest? Thinking that if what PTR uses are slightly out of HK spec, they should at least be in spec with each other, and I will be stuck with their trunnion anyway.
Personally everything l purchased as spares were HK. It took some time and a lot of searching, but all are HK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts