HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any 1/7 twist bbls for a HK93 clone?
(Vector does not have any btw.)

TIA
Steve

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
saw that too thanks - was exploring alternatives...
Unfortunately, besides those RimCountry ones, there are almost no other alternatives. Besides hkparts, I have never seen a 1 in 7 twist barrel just by itself. Everyone I've seen has been part of a complete rifle.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
RimCountryMfg seems to have really good prices on american made parts.

But how is the quality of them?

JFK bought several parts from them and posted that he was pleased with the quality. Maybe he will post a follow-up?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
JFK bought several parts from them and posted that he was pleased with the quality. Maybe he will post a follow-up?
I have a friend who used a Rim Country 53 barrel for a pistol build. I thought the barrel was stainless steel, but in fact it was carbon steel. The gun was put in a park tank and the refinish on the barrel was outstanding. The barrel goes perfectly into the sight tower and I'd have no issues using one for a future build. My .02

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a friend who used a Rim Country 53 barrel for a pistol build. I thought the barrel was stainless steel, but in fact it was carbon steel. The gun was put in a park tank and the refinish on the barrel was outstanding. The barrel goes perfectly into the sight tower and I'd have no issues using one for a future build. My .02
That 53 pistol build looked AWESOME! I thought it was a real German HK 53.

Is the Rim Country MFG. 53 barrel twist a 1/9 twist?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That 53 pistol build looked AWESOME! I thought it was a real German HK 53.

Is the Rim Country MFG. 53 barrel twist a 1/9 twist?
Actually I did not check the twist. The barrel pressed in smoothly and the front sight tower area was correct (no play, exact length at the raised area). I think a 1/9 would be ideal for light (55 grain) and heavier bullets (62-69 grain).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Unfortunately, besides those RimCountry ones, there are almost no other alternatives. Besides hkparts, I have never seen a 1 in 7 twist barrel just by itself. Everyone I've seen has been part of a complete rifle.
Was this on a clone rifle, or an actual HK? If it was a clone, how can we find out who manufactured the 1/7 barrels for them?

I'm surprised they aren't more popular and there isn't at least one company out there producing a quality barrel?

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, I've done some research and it can be done, but at a price.

a stainless 1/7 twist polygonal 16" bbl would run $450-500 with shipping....
suddenly a german 178 is not so expensive...

food for thought.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Keep an eye out for one of those 33 front ends like the ones from DSA. Mine came with a 1/7 twist barrel.
Is there another DSA besides DSArms.com? They never have any HK stuff listed any more. They've got rails, grips, a few mags, but never any hard core parts that I can find like front ends, barrels, carriers, or kits. I called them about one several months ago, supposedly spoke to their head armorer, and he told me they haven't had any 33 kits in for years and years.

Did you get yours a long time ago, or had that guy been breathing too much copper cleaner?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was referring to the kits sold years ago. They show up from time to time and are usually priced decently. Corrected my earlier post.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I was referring to the kits sold years ago. They show up from time to time and are usually priced decently. Corrected my earlier post.
Well, crap. I was hoping there was a different DSA I just hadn't run across yet. What's happened to all the kits? Are they just locked up in boxes in people's attics, or have they been gradually destroyed?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts