HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I kept one in the chamber and had the gun stowed away in the gun safe, does that effect the gun in a bad way?

I am talking about the HK45.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ONE IN CHAMBER

DITTO. IF YOU USE IT FOR A SELF DEFENSE GUN, IT SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER. DONT BE CAUGHT DEAD TRYING TO RACK ONE IN DURING A LIFE OR DEATH CONFRONTATION. YOU CAN BE ASSURED THAT THE BAD GUY HAS ONE UP AND READY TO FLY, AS YOU SHOULD.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Keeping 1 in the chamber does not effect the gun at all. If your wondering 1 in the chamber and a full mag doesn't hurt the gun either

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I'm not sure why the consider loaded chamber indicators a safety device, but this is exactly why I really like them. I can tell if there's one in the pipe even in the dark, or if the gun is still concealed, etc.

So yeah, always keep one in the chamber on anything I keep around for defense.

The only possible scenario I could see a problem with keeping one in the chamber is in the case of a fire. Loose ammo lying around that gets hot enough to explode will just blow in all directions and the projectiles won't have much velocity. Not so if you get one in a chamber that fires off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An unloaded self-defense gun is just an expensive brick. My Walther, S&W and HK are all loaded all the time except for cleaning and when showing. Mags too, and I have never had a mag failure, even one that was loaded for two years( yeah, I forgot it somehow when rotating the ammo)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
1 in the chamber = Condition 1 - correct way to carry a Colt 1911/USP V1/HK45 V1

Please contact HK's Service Department at 205.655.8299 for more information on HK45 variants.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If I kept one in the chamber and had the gun stowed away in the gun safe, does that effect the gun in a bad way?

I am talking about the HK45.
A good way to load the "eleventh" round is to load the magazine into the gun, chamber a round, then drop the magazine and add the eleventh round to the magazine. This is assuming a 10 round mag. Personally, I don't bother with that. I load 10 rounds, rack the first one into the chamber, and carry it with one in the chamber and 9 in the mag ready to go. the only time I bother with the eleventh round is in match competition when the stage works better with an eleventh round to start.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keeping one in the chamber is a must for home defense. The only thing I would say to do is once a month rotate your mags.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 in the chamber

If it's a defense gun, than there should be one in the chamber at all times...regardless of what kind of firearm it is.

During both my tours in Iraq, I was on constant ops away from the FOB and there was almost always "one in the chamber" in my M4/203.

·
Registered
67 Posts
++++1 on on ein the chamber except not the shotgun i gotta hole in the roof form him lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
++++1 on on ein the chamber except not the shotgun i gotta hole in the roof form him lol
One of those "how you sayyya.... Ooops?" moments :p

+1 to all the rest. The only thing physically would be able to happen, is the metal on metal contact could cause corrosion IF THE METAL OF THE BARREL WERE NOT PROTECTED. (think of ground pipes, or water pipes in your home) Even still, i dont think that brass/copper would be able to corrode the high grade barrel steel.

So to say it short and easy: Keep one in the chamber, and have one LESS worry on your mind! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
haha ya powder burns on the side of my face .. thats pucker factor of about 10

·
Registered
67 Posts
haha yea and to beat all it was a FN if im goin to get shot least let it be by a HK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts