HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forums now for the past 8 hours and I've yet to find anything but a small mention about the 1 piece catch's in old USP's.

Is it at all possible, with the right parts, to convert a USP with a 1 piece catch to one with a 2 piece catch. What advantages would this bring aside from being able to install LEM and certain match triggers, Will this give me half cock on my hammer?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Your time may have been better spent just calling HK. I think it can be upgraded but HK would have to do it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly for me this isn't quite an option. So would anyone have any experience or insight on what this would take?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Reoze!

If You get one of the newer Match trigger kits, it comes w/ the parts to update the Catch to the newer style!
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi,

The Match trigger kit doesn´t include new Catch (with the Actuator Latch). It consists a new hammer, flat spring, trigger w/ over travel screw, hammer spring and trigger rebound spring.

This unless the package has changed over in few years.

Reoze, I posted my opinion on your other post just awhile ago. Check it out.

Miku

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

The Match trigger kit doesn´t include new Catch (with the Actuator Latch). It consists a new hammer, flat spring, trigger w/ over travel screw, hammer spring and trigger rebound spring.
That's the older kit! Both kits come w/ an allen wrench to adjust trigger over travel.

This unless the package has changed over in few years.
It has changed! The newer kits are as in this pic:

The newer style Catch can be seen between the Hammer and allen wrench.
________
mugdava

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Thanks for the update mugdava!

So in order to make your USP all the way upgraded to the Match Trigger, the sear actuator latch is still needed because there is no separate sear actuator latch on older USP versions, right?

What are the differences between the control laches on the newer, two piece catch and the one that comes with the Match Trigger kit?

:D,
Miku

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the update mugdava!
You're very welcome, my pleasure!

So in order to make your USP all the way upgraded to the Match Trigger, the sear actuator latch is still needed because there is no separate sear actuator latch on older USP versions, right?
The older kit doesn't add the half-cocked feature when installed, but the newer one does!

What are the differences between the control laches on the newer, two piece catch and the one that comes with the Match Trigger kit?
Maiting surfaces are polished on the Match trigger Catch and Hammer. From what I can tell they're not polished on non-Match parts(standard parts!).
_______
mugdava

1 - 8 of 8 Posts