HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fired one of these? Are they controllable? How much and where can you find mags? Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't say too much about full auto usage but mine is pretty nice.

I had Jayson at IGF build mine from an SW receiver, new 10mm barrel, and a HK MP5/40 kit. It shoots great so far but I always a little timid to shoot it because the cost of 10mm ammo and all the accelerated wear the ammo can cause.

For mags I found that Gordon Miller and Adam Webber normally have them for around $60 to $70 new.

BF

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've shot an agency 10mm several times, FA all the time.

They're nice. Not quite as controllable as a 9mm or .40. I am assuming you're interested in 10mm because you think 9mm is kindof wimpy and you want something a little more manly (I agree).

A 10mm MP5 is not just an MP5 on roids. It's a totally different level. 10mm is pushing the envelope on pressure etc. You have to switch out LP's depending on the ammo you're using or you'll crack brass and possibly damage the gun.

If you want an MP5 and it's your only MP5, my advise: get one in 9 or 40 or just wait for the MK5 to come out and get that in .45

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Dude, what's the MK 5? I haven't heard of it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
mk5

Profesional Arm's new little hunnie, it got shown off at shot 2007, just a .45 conversion...I don't really know Professional arms well enough to comment

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Profesional Arm's new little hunnie, it got shown off at shot 2007, just a .45 conversion...I don't really know Professional arms well enough to comment
Even better than that - it's not just a .45 conversion, it's fully convertible from 9mm to .40SW to .45. They have some videos of caliber changes on their website, www.professionalarms.com.

If the quality and functionality are where they should be, it will be the first clone that I will buy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is the MK 5 going to be available in .22LR?

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Is the MK 5 going to be available in .22LR?
All they list on their website is 9mm, .40, and .45. But if all the parts are interchangeable, and I thought I read somewhere on the website that many of them are, you might be able to use one of the existing 9mm MP5 conversion kits in a 9mm MK 5.

But since the barrel is swappable, it seems like it would be possible to convert one to dedicated 22 as well. That would just add to its appeal.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
It should be called an MP5/10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts