HKPRO Forums banner

10mm USP barrels.....

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  egroeg 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
This has been the proven route so i think that would be what people want mike. Do you have a carbide reaming bit that can do stock HK barrels? If i bought a carbide 10mm reamer and shipped it to you with some barrels could you ream them?

On the other hand, the recent revelation from scubadds has me thinking of exactly what mike is suggesting. If we know the USP45 frame/mags work, would a drop-in 10mm barrel for the USP 45 work? That would solve the mag fitment issue, last round hold open AND provide a large enough ejection port for a live 10mm round. I think those are the main three gripes people have about this conversion. I can't find the thread i read this in, but some had pointed out potential issues with the 45 extractor on the 10mm round as well as issues with the breech face. However these were probably the same people that said a 40 slide would NEVER work on a 45 frame =)

Keep us posted mike!

#7 ·
Subscribed to this thread

#9 ·
It would seem like a drop in conversion barrel for the USP45 would make the most sense, but would the ejector on the 45 work with the narrower 10mm brass? I know about scubadds putting the 40s&w upper on the 45 lower, but how would it work if both upper/lower were from the 45?

#12 ·
Do any of you think it possible to convert the USP45C to 10mm or should I abandon this hope?

#18 ·
Seems that the .45->10mm conversion would allay needing to enlarge the ejection port, or deal with mag/magwell fit. All that would need to be done is work on the magazine lips, maybe tweak the ejector, and determine if a different recoil spring is needed. Other mfrs 10mm are built on their .45 frames, so wouldn't this likely be better in regards to the USP as well?

The more I think about it, the more I would prefer this conversion barrel to the 40/10mm conversion.

#19 ·
I would prefer this too if it worked. The problem is nobody has done it yet to confirm it works.

Mike- what is the minimum number of pieces you have to run on this? Is it possible to do just a couple of 45 barrels chambered in 10mm for people to experiment with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.