HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about the Winchester 124gr NATO that ammoman has on his website. I've heard a little here and there, but nothing solid. From what I understand it's supposed to be pretty accurate. Is it +P ? I"ve heard it"s pretty high velocity for 124 grain. I've heard they like a little "hotter" ammo.

Also, would it be okay for use in a HK USP 9, Glock 17, or Sig 226 ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the Winchester 124gr NATO that ammoman has on his website. I've heard a little here and there, but nothing solid. From what I understand it's supposed to be pretty accurate. Is it +P ? I"ve heard it"s pretty high velocity for 124 grain. I've heard they like a little "hotter" ammo.

I have fired it out of SIG's, M9 Beretta's, and MP5's and never had an issue. If it is hotter I never noticed the difference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How is the NATO stuff different ?
NATO rounds are typically loaded beyond SAAMI spec. Meaning it is above +P+ pressure wise. Usually it is also faster in terms of velocity. I think some of the nato 9mm has sealed and/or crimped primers and sealed bullets (tar like substance around the bullet that stops water leakage.)

The NATO 9mm is a Q load from winchester, it is NOT the same stuff that is issued to our troops. From what data I have seen, it is about 200fps slower.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's safe for use in the MP5 ?

Would you say it's worth the money @ $230 per 1000.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's safe for use in the MP5 ?

Would you say it's worth the money @ $230 per 1000.

It is double the price as the 115 gr. you can buy at Walmart. If are using it for range ammo I think that you are wasting your money.

·
Registered
301 Posts
On the box it says loaded to military velocity, +10% of std 9mm lugar and looks crimped primer brass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts