HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just wondering before I ruin my gun? I have a Glock 19 also so if it won't work in my USPc 9mm I will use it to abuse the Glock :14000000:
if your usp cant handle it, nothing can.. and you can take that to the bank..

hows that for an answer?

yes it will wear it faster then normal rounds, but thats normal because of the added pressure...and i know the glock is good for +p but i dont know about +p+

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You should not shoot +p+ through a USP or any pistol... It was meant for blowback submachineguns (like Uzi or Mac10) and it can cause excessive wear.

Its okay to run some hot ammo through your gun once in a while, and im sure the USP can take it no problems, but don't make a habbit of feeding it a steady diet of +p+, or even +p (+p is fine, but it'll run your guns down a lot faster).

If you got a box of stuff to try out, for kicks and giggles, it should be fine, but your shooting the equivelant of, mabey several hundred rounds for a box of +p+.

Just be careful!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your usp cant handle it, nothing can.. and you can take that to the bank..

hows that for an answer?

yes it will wear it faster then normal rounds, but thats normal because of the added pressure...and i know the glock is good for +p but i dont know about +p+
That's what I thought! Just didn't want to ruin any of my babies :) hehe

·
Registered
285 Posts
You should not shoot +p+ through a USP or any pistol... It was meant for blowback submachineguns (like Uzi or Mac10) and it can cause excessive wear.

Its okay to run some hot ammo through your gun once in a while, and im sure the USP can take it no problems, but don't make a habbit of feeding it a steady diet of +p+, or even +p (+p is fine, but it'll run your guns down a lot faster).

If you got a box of stuff to try out, for kicks and giggles, it should be fine, but your shooting the equivelant of, mabey several hundred rounds for a box of +p+.

Just be careful!
Page 12 in the manual states all USP's are rated for +P and +P+ for their respective calibers. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
page 20 in my manual of my uspc9mm says its a o k

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Page 12 in the manual states all USP's are rated for +P and +P+ for their respective calibers. ;)
Safe, but dont make a habbit out of it. Like i said, it'll wear your gun out a LOT faster ;)

BTW, i have made some handloaded +p+ loads for my Mark23. Never had a handgun kick so hard in my life! I bet those puppies were 1000-1100 FPS with a 230 grain bullet :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Safe, but dont make a habbit out of it. Like i said, it'll wear your gun out a LOT faster ;)

BTW, i have made some handloaded +p+ loads for my Mark23. Never had a handgun kick so hard in my life! I bet those puppies were 1000-1100 FPS with a 230 grain bullet :D

hahaha yes... buh-lee dat

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Safe maybe but it is still not something I would do all the time. Once in awhile yes but not all the time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the manual says you can use it, then I'd say use it. But it WILL wear your firearm out faster. If you are using it as carry ammo, make sure you practice with it enough that you comfortable with it, should you ever after use it in self defense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts