HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$145000 flemming sear sold in a day. Will the hk's sears catch up in price to the steel dias? and the hype continues..........

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm sure they will remain close behind in price, I think the rdias will stay ahead a few dollars because M16 is our main military gun and easier to set up than a hk sear. I'm not going to sell my 2 sears anytime soon, like to see what the next 30 years does to there value:)

david

·
Registered
904 Posts
They'll be worthless when we get "shark's with freakin laser beams strapped to their heads! "

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
367 Posts
Crazy, no reason these should be that expensive. We need to get the law repealed. If people are stupid enough to spend this much money on these things the prices will never come down.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
If you have a sear/sears you will love seeing prices up
If you dont have one/or more you will continue to weep

point of view depends on your current camp! :)

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
hey ...$14,500 isn't so bad when compared to the RR's ...HK and otherwise...meaning AR platform. The drop ins/sears are so dern flexible, fun, and useful. I see no reason why they wouldnt be priced higher than all but the most collectible highest end MGs.

and look at RDIAS'....wow. what a tear. Publicly posted OFFERS of $18k and asking prices of up to $20k.
I tried to buy a RDIAS listed for $14k just y'day. It sold with 10 hrs of listing unfortunately.

I am not surprised that HK sears , DIAS', RLL are so expensive. Im more surprised that RR MP5 have apparently sold for $20k this past week...with MP5k listed at $24k. Now, that's crazy...IMO.

But then again, Im a shooter and not a investor/collector

-HH

·
Registered
367 Posts
For the rest of us mere mortal shooters, these prices are insane! When a new HK MP5 only actually costs about 1500 bucks, we only have the the 1986 NFA to blame. I for one will not pay that much for anything FA just on principle.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
I agree in that it doesnt make me happy. It's pricing out the vast majority of gun loving Americans and that's a disservice to all when FA becomes a rich man's sport.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Exactly my point houston!

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
funny bc the govt is accomplishing exactly what it set out to do with starting with the NFA moving up to the Hughes amendment... Not "banning the guns" (small issue with the constitution) but essentially achieving the same end result by creating a situation where we FA gun lovers chew each other up, run up the prices to ridiculous levels, and then pack all these expensive works of art ( they are art at this point, not just guns) in climate controlled safes..never to see the light of day(range) again.

Ironic,huh?

-HH

·
Registered
367 Posts
You said it brother! I have always thought that the easiest way to enact a defacto ban on anything, be it ammunition, FA items, or cigarettes for that matter, is to make the price so high that nobody can afford to buy them. Anyone remember how hard it was to get primers and powder back about 20 years ago for a little while?? If you wait long enough, history usually repeats itself.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In my opinion this has to do with the upcomung election. Neither of the two candidates most likely to get elected are gun friendly. IMO we are going to see panic buying again just like we saw last election. My advice is stock up on ammo because Im pretty sure the prices are going to skyrocket....

·
Registered
264 Posts
I didn't buy mine for investment but I do like it when the value goes up, I use my sears and have 2 sons so if they love full auto they will be able to play for their lifetime also. It's not really a hardship yet to have some full auto fun, cheaper than a Harley Davidson or expensive car and seems to hold value better. If I decide to get out of the game, turning all my MG's into cash isn't really hard.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
If the sears have moved up a nominal grand, then we are talking a 7% up swing as buying picks up. Not earth shaking in and of it's self. However, have to grant that is a "little" steep for a $5 piece of bent metal ... then when they were $450 I though they were high ;-). Will be interesting to look back in a year to see if this was the good old days, or the start of the bubble popping .....

Now for the hard question, if one was selling an extra HK sear, when does the bubble peak, also if you can answer that what is next's week leading stock gain and winning Power Ball ticket number ;-).

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Crazy, no reason these should be that expensive. We need to get the law repealed. If people are stupid enough to spend this much money on these things the prices will never come down.
But there is a reason - supply and demand in it's most pure form. There is a fixed (and slowly dwindling) supply, and an ever increasing demand. I just want to be sure I get mine sold before the prices come down. Can I get a heads up?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
But there is a reason - supply and demand in it's most pure form. There is a fixed (and slowly dwindling) supply, and an ever increasing demand. I just want to be sure I get mine sold before the prices come down. Can I get a heads up?
When you get the notice and have yours for-sale, please PM me and I will place mine up as soon as you list SPF ;-).

·
Registered
10,254 Posts

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Now for the hard question, if one was selling an extra HK sear, when does the bubble peak, also if you can answer that what is next's week leading stock gain and winning Power Ball ticket number ;-).
Don't know about the bubble peaking, but I've got your stock covered. Look up AAPL and weep... check back a mere month or two to see the spike. The wife got in at $165 and I got in a while back in November at $404. Let the ride continue!

As far as Power Ball, you find Sherman and the Wayback and you're all set. And if perchance anyone DOES invent a time machine, bring me back a newspaper, will ya?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sherman and the wayback?? Awesome Shattered!!! I loved that show!!!! :100000:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If you have a sear/sears you will love seeing prices up
If you dont have one/or more you will continue to weep

point of view depends on your current camp! :)
I, for one, very much disagree. I shoot subgun matches with my family (brother and two cousins) nationally. I personally have chatted with well over 100 machinegun/submachinegun owners about this very subject. I don't mean I've read it on the internet. I've asked these owners, would you rather loose your investment and be able to register what you want or have the system remain the same? Only one guy said, at least to my face, that he wanted it to stay the same. Everybody else said loose the investment and get what I want. Of course the vast majority bought "back in the day", so the investment in the guns isn't like it is today. But there are also a lot like me that spent over $10,000+ per.

Currently I own a REWATT Savage built M1A1 Thompson originally made late in 1943 (2005), a SWD DIAS (2006), and a Fleming HK sear (2007). I'd love to be able to buy what I want and loose the investment. My stamps would triple PDQ. Does it suck that it cost me so much for what I have? Absolutely. I sold almost my entire semi auto collection to buy my first machinegun, which was a Colt M16 RR. I bought it instate and got a heck of a deal. It certainly did hurt and there weren't many extras at my hose for a while, but boy have I had fun blasting away. Full auto is not for everyone. But neither is a late model Harley or Corvette. For me, I've got more than twice what I paid for each sear in host firearms. But that is what is important to me. It seems to me, full auto has always been more expensive that for the average collector, just in ammo alone. YMMV.

Scott

1 - 20 of 412 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.