HKPRO Forums banner

16" ptr 91

678 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Steve_in_29 
#1 ·
I think I've decided to go PTR 91. I've found a 16" PTR 91 GI at an online dealer at a good price. In the description of this rifle it lists the trigger as "navy type polymer group". On the PTR site they have both "navy type polymer group" and "H&K metal trigger group housing". What is the difference in these 2 trigger housings and which one is preferable? If the metal trigger group housing is more desired could I swap the navy type polymer group with the HK metal trigger group housing easily? Also curious if swapping the fixed stock with an HK collapsible stock is relatively easy? I look forward to all your replies. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
As I posted in your other thread on the same subject,

The newer GIs have a welded on scope rail, the paddle mag release as well as the metal lower. All of which are desirable upgrades that cost $500ish to get done aftermarket.

The collapsible stock is a simple pull two pins, remove fixed stock, install new stock and reinstall two pins process. Keep in mind though that absent buying the HKParts modified 4-position collapsible stock ($350) the HK stock is simply a fully extended or collapsed setup.

Personally unless you need to kick in doors or just want a look at me range toy the standard 18" barreled rifle is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.