HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would I notice if I'm shooting my G3K and the wrong locking piece is installed?

The locking piece that's in the gun now has no stamps on it, and I can't tell the difference between a 45 and 50 angle.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Hk 91/G3 Locking Piece

I believe that the HK german std. locking piece for the 91/G3 has no number stamped on it. The number 18 locking piece is the one you want for the G3k. I would try Gordon Miller or Adam Webber as both gentlemen carry extensive Hk parts inventories.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it works with the unmarked 45' locking piece, meaning you are achieving proper carrier speed and experiencing acceptable reliability and good ejection, then you can probably leave it alone and save a buck. In my experience you don't have to go with a #18 till a litttle shorter than the 12.4" g3K spec barrel before you really need the 50 degree piece. On the other hand if you want it, it won't hurt anything, just add a little recoil.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Vector has a locking piece labeled "050" at the base. I assume this is a copy of the 50 degree piece? I have the 16 inch barrel and it throws ejected brass 20-30 feet. Should I buy a 45 degree piece for the standard G3 or is it not worth the money? In other words am I hurting anything having the locking piece for a shorter barrel than I have installed?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the 91 spec 45degree unmarked ones can be had for cheap. It might be a cheap way to make things a little easier on your shoulder. I'm pretty sure the 45' ones will work for a 16" barrel but I dont have a 16" barreled 91 so I can't swear to it. I think the ptr shorties are 16 and come with a standard locking piece....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks a1class3. Adam Webber has 45 degree locking pieces for $25 so I'll try that out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
try robert rtg for $12 niw 91LP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts