HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I promised some "sneak preview" of my IPSC Box compliant 19+1 prototype magazine. As for today magazine is functional, without slide lock feature (hope to fix it soon). 19+1 is seatable on "the fly", but require use of some force for positive magazine catch engagement (for really fast magazine changes loading only 18rd is reccomended). Becouse Expert have 4mm space in The Box, so slightly larger baseplate will cure this completelly (baseplate is on "to do" list for this winter). Photos were taken by phone camera in my basement, so goes poor quality. I hope to make video of loading and then shooting this mag soon.

19 rounds of CCI Gold Dot .40 S&W is waiting to be loaded (this Maglula thing is best since sliced bread!).

Already loaded!

Abother view of loaded mag - this bullets really go deep inside tube.

Magazine with 19 rounds of .40 S&W ammo seated, chamber empty.

Also some may had notice that trigger is in more reaward position than usuall USP SA/DA trigger. That's becouse it was modified to SA trigger. This allowed me to obtain very short trigger take-up (on prototype, ready design will be adjustable and will allow single stage trigger). Also trigger reset is reduced to some 1.6mm (final version will be adjustable and will allow even shorter reset). Trigger pull is 1.5kGf (about 3lbs).

This all mods are part of my project named "Expert Race Gun" and are part of dealing with this issues:

1. Trigger
2. Magazine capacity
3. Recoil management
4. Ergonomy

Goal is to make USP Custom Sport or USP Expert equal tool for IPSC/USPSA as 1911/2011 guns are. This idea came to my mind when I tought about using something as fast and high capacity as 2011 but as reliable and durable as HK USP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
... nothing to add really, but I just wanted to say thanks and that I'm definitely subscribing to this thread to watch for future updates.

I'd like to know details on what you did for your trigger.

... awaiting details on the mags too when you can give them. I assume you're using some other follower and spring.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bump--just wondering if you're ready to give up your secret recipie for 19-rd mags yet :)

My goal over the winter is to come up with a reliable mag that holds at least 18 so I can bump up from L10 to Limited next year.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am despite for a really usable trigger in my USP. Sounds like you might have some insight there... As for the mags... I hate getting matched by glocks only because they have mag options..

Please keep us all update. Anything we can do to make these guns more competitive I am all over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts