HKPRO Forums banner

1911 shooter looking at HK45c... some questions

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Irelander 
#1 ·
So i never thought the day would come but im finally moving away from 1911s and looking to purchase my first non-1911 45acp platform. I was set on the G30 but then i was finally able to locate an HK dealer close by and stopped by yesterday.

I handled the HK45c and the USP45c... no comparison, HK45c was made for my hand. Glock, M&P and XDM just dont offer the comfort when holding and other features that stand out with the HK45c.

Being that i want this firearm to function in tactical classes/training my main concern is to do with the sights. What sight options do i have should i want the ability to "one-handed" rack the slide? The novak style sights that come standard on the gun are nice, as well as glow pretty brightly from what i can tell, but there seems to be no way to manipulate the slide with one hand in its current setup. The USP series does offer a "better" setup but the overall blockiness and thickness of the firearm turned me off as soon as i noticed the alternative that was available.

Should i buy an HK45c, i'll be using it for CCW as well... am i correct in assumign that crossbreed as well as Milt Sparks can accomodate my holster needs? Any recommendations for or against either brand? I use both for 1911 carry and am very pleased with the results.

I just need to get rid of my Springfield Gunsite Compact Service Pistol now and i'll be able to go pick up the HK...

I think i can get use to hanging around this place!

See less See more
#2 ·
I can rack the slide with one hand on my HK45, its not the c so I can not speak for that. Far as holsters, man there are much more out there then crossbreed and Milt Sparks, you want a nice leather holster? They are out there, synthetic? they are out there.

I am seriously considered picking pu a 45c in the near future, just want to shoot one first to see the felt difference

#5 ·
Yes, Milt sparks has rigs for the Hk45 and 45C as well does Crossbreed, if you're looking to carry it, I'd probably opt for the Hk45C. Also, if you plan on running it C&L like a 1911, go ahead and look into the Variant 9 detent plate, you'll want it. This removes the de-cocker function. If you're used to shooting with your thumb riding over the safety lever, you may end up de-cocking the pistol during drawing/firing. It's a cheap part and easy to install.

Sight options are a little limited. But as noted above, the Trijicons will offer a little bit of a "shelf" to facilitate one handed manipulations. There's some other options on the horizon, but when they will actually be available is still up in there air.

#6 ·
So i never thought the day would come but im finally moving away from 1911s and looking to purchase my first non-1911 45acp platform. I was set on the G30 but then i was finally able to locate an HK dealer close by and stopped by yesterday.

I handled the HK45c and the USP45c... no comparison, HK45c was made for my hand. Glock, M&P and XDM just dont offer the comfort when holding and other features that stand out with the HK45c.

Being that i want this firearm to function in tactical classes/training my main concern is to do with the sights. What sight options do i have should i want the ability to "one-handed" rack the slide? The novak style sights that come standard on the gun are nice, as well as glow pretty brightly from what i can tell, but there seems to be no way to manipulate the slide with one hand in its current setup. The USP series does offer a "better" setup but the overall blockiness and thickness of the firearm turned me off as soon as i noticed the alternative that was available.

Should i buy an HK45c, i'll be using it for CCW as well... am i correct in assumign that crossbreed as well as Milt Sparks can accomodate my holster needs? Any recommendations for or against either brand? I use both for 1911 carry and am very pleased with the results.

I just need to get rid of my Springfield Gunsite Compact Service Pistol now and i'll be able to go pick up the HK...

I think i can get use to hanging around this place!
The way I understand it Larry Vickers input on the 45c is HK answer to the 1911 .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.