HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those not on Facebook, someone sent Larry Vickers a few photos of a 1960 G3.
They said they have a friend who is currently serving in the Bundeswehr and have this in their armory.

I sent Larry a message asking permission to share them here, he said go for it!

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Good pics. I had previously missed the detail on the riased stamping around the mag release. Nice detail pics of the rear sight as well. What collection is this in?

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
That is great--- thanks for sharing!!! :biggrin:
I have seen one earlier (4741/unknown date--- left lower "S/SA/FA, right lower "Safe/SA/FA"), and three later (3/61, 12/61, and 1/64--- "SEF" lowers). :wink:
Is this lower "S/SA/FA" on left, and "Safe/SA/FA" on right, or "SEF"? :confused:

Tony

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...Is this lower "S/SA/FA" on left, and "Safe/SA/FA" on right, or "SEF"? :confused:Tony
These were the only pictures posted so how it's marked I'm uncertain. The guy that sent the pics to Larry mentioned that he had more and would post in a few days.....that was a month ago. I check periodically but so far this is all I have.

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
These were the only pictures posted so how it's marked I'm uncertain. The guy that sent the pics to Larry mentioned that he had more and would post in a few days.....that was a month ago. I check periodically but so far this is all I have.
No problem--- just difficult to tell from the pics--- added to the data though!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Very nice. I have not seen one so old as this, these pics really help put the relationship to the CETME into light.

·
Registered
915 Posts
A fine looking gun. So pleasing that the German gov't didn't demil it!

DG

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. First I've seen of that buttstock and rear sight designs.

·
Registered
700 Posts
A fine looking gun. So pleasing that the German gov't didn't demil it!

DG
Why should they demil it, its still in Military possession!

Anecdote from me about German armories:

While we were "already" using G36 as main weapon or, depending on role, UZI as backup, we were supposed to remain proficient with the G3. The armory, only having beat up g3 at the time, sent a request to get better rifles, as our base had 5 1star and 2 2star Generals at the time, who usually attended the monthly "shooting event".
Logistics sent two crates of factory new rifles, sometime from the late 60ies. Interestingly, the rifles were stored in very thick "plastic bags" that were transparent but were filled with S761 Oil, with the rifle "swimming" inside perfectly and eternally preserved.

Armories of the Heer are full of interesting curiosities, at least 15 years ago in my days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts