HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at several posts regarding 1974 production HK93 rifles. There seems to be some contradictory info out there and I am wondering just what is correct.
1. What is the correct color blueish gray or black? Or are they both correct?
2. Should the barrel have threads or splines and should the muzzle device be welded on?
3. Are the receivers stamped 19/74 or 1974 or some other combo of month and/74?
4. Should the rifle have a slim forearm or wide?
5. Is there a large serial number spread even though only 52 were made?

Attached are a few images of a gun I recently had the chance to handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few additional images.

I have been looking at several posts regarding 1974 production HK93 rifles. There seems to be some contradictory info out there and I am wondering just what is correct.
1. What is the correct color blueish gray or black? Or are they both correct?
2. Should the barrel have threads or splines and should the muzzle device be welded on?
3. Are the receivers stamped 19/74 or 1974 or some other combo of month and/74?
4. Should the rifle have a slim forearm or wide?
5. Is there a large serial number spread even though only 52 were made?

Attached are a few images of a gun I recently had the chance to handle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
It must be a very very early 93. It is configured exactly like the HK43 which was brought in the same year. Assuming HK just changed the markings when they transitioned to the early 93s I'd point out the 43:
1. Was black, shiny..
2. Had a slimline forearm
3. Date stamp looks correct
4. I can't speak to the serial number spread or the muzzle device.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Welcome to the site!!! :biggrin:
Based upon my current data: :wink:

1. Correct as pictured
2. Probably correct as pictured (what are the barrel markings?)
3. Appears correct (last 2 digits covered--- PM me the full SN)
4. Correct as pictured
5. SN range for 1974 (11 0 001/in Switzerland through 11 0 045); for 19/74 (11 0 114 through 11 0 167)

Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate it. I believed the gun to be correct, but I am no expert and there does seem to be some conflicting or at the very least confusing opinions on the internet. :)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Thanks for the kind words--- humbly try to help when I can!!! :wink:

Tony
What is it that makes the Bold one so knowledgeable on the HK line? Have you worked there? Are you related to Heckler or Koch? Where did you obtain such knowledge Oh Wise one? :)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
My middle name is Heckoch!!! :biggrin:
To answer your query, 30+ years of collecting, observing, and cataloging. :wink:

Tony
You must be as old as me. :)

Do you use CLP as aftershave?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Tony, what about dates in between I saw a nice hk93 1974 11 0 and like a 095 or 6 7 8 9 high 90s cant remember exactly the number when I move shortly from my communist state I will have 1st crack at it as promised brother in law. What exactly is it?

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Hey Tony, what about dates in between I saw a nice hk93 1974 11 0 and like a 095 or 6 7 8 9 high 90s cant remember exactly the number when I move shortly from my communist state I will have 1st crack at it as promised brother in law. What exactly is it?
Welcome to the site--- I have seen numbers 11 0 001- 11 0 188 (109 highest for "1974" and 114 lowest for 19/74")!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Post test: What are the serial #s 46 through 113 the 67 between 45 and 113. And would those be HK43s with HK93 markings PS. I see my confusing question now. question 5 was a specific answer to a specific question. But I am still curious about those 67 rifles as I have an opportunity to purchase one when I leave my current State, everything same as one pictured but maybe flash is not welded. I have no access to loo just recall

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Post test: What are the serial #s 46 through 113 the 67 between 45 and 113. And would those be HK43s with HK93 markings PS. I see my confusing question now. question 5 was a specific answer to a specific question. But I am still curious about those 67 rifles as I have an opportunity to purchase one when I leave my current State, everything same as one pictured but maybe flash is not welded. I have no access to loo just recall
11 0 09X will be an HK93, with the "1974" date code on the left receiver!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts