HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have a 1993 USP9, is the finish not considered to be the HE that i keep hearing about?

were there any major or non-major issues with the early USP's?

and is there anything i need to look for when i strip it and clean it? any certain spots to look for wearing or abuse?

thanks,
NOOB

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Don't know about your finish question BIG BORE or someone will probably chime in and be able to answer that but....your barrel should be land and groove instead of polygonal. Which isn't a bad thing actually many of us would rather have the land and groove barrel.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You might double check this out yourself in the World of HK linked to from the HKPRO home page. I am not sure this exact question is in there but I believe all USPs have been HE finished (except of course the SS and the anniversary editions that were high polished blue IIRC) from the get go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im gonna try to search around and see what i can come up with.

i went to the range today and put 100 rounds thru it without an issue. this gun is accurate!

i love it already. now its time to order a CTAC and get er done!

i shot so well with the usp that i will try my best to carry it even though its a bit large for my body type.i think a pair of new pants and a few new under****s will cover it up nicely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i also have a 93 usp 9f and it shoots awesome when it doesn't jam. Just bought it though. I just replaced the extractor, roll pin and spring. Testing it this weeked. The new extractor i just got in WAS different then the one i pulled out of it. I'm trying to get my hands on a better camera to show the differences. my old extractor did had some wear on it and had a lip on the extractor that i think was causing my problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everything on mine looks crisp and clean. i have no jams or failures so for now, im very happy with it.

i think im gonna try to find a good local deal on a p2k or a uspc instead of getting the glock i was planning on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
one more paycheck for me and i'll have p2000sk for ccw. I also want a p7. Too many nice guns with not enough money. The hk addiction is definetly expensive. Can't wait to finish college only 30 credits to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont remind me about college credits...

i worked from 6am-9:45pm today, just got home and had a drink and im already studying for an exam tomorrow.

good times.

i am realizing that unless i find some great offer locally i am just going to go get the glock 19 or 26 new for a few less dollars.

the wife and baby have decomposed my gun money.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a USP 40 (KD) from that era whose slide looks similar in finish to the Compact 40, I bought in 04 dated (AD) and the 45 that I recently picked up dated (AC). In other words they all had the hostile enviro finish and all looked the same, to me anyway. I think a similar posting was made regarding a USP from 93, the only difference maybe in the polygonal bore versus lands and grooves (traditional spiral) rifling and some safety features have been added. Read up on them in the world of HK to see what changed, this was around 1994, 1995, but there's nothing wrong with the older models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts