HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been lurking around here now for awhile and I finally found a good deal, so I decided to pick up my H&K and first gun. Got a USP Compact .40cal V3. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet since it just arrived today, but I can't wait! I'll post pics ASAP.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats! :D

cant wait to see pics, always nice to see more! :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on purchasing your first gun! Your second will soon be following :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
welcome to the problem that is H&K ownership, your bank account will never be the same and you girlfriend or wife will never understand :):)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
welcome to the problem that is H&K ownership, your bank account will never be the same and you girlfriend or wife will never understand :):)

Ditto, except my wife is cool about my HK hobby. All parts that I sell go towards my daughters 529 college plan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations

I have been buying HK for 20+ years and can honestly say I have never regretted one of their guns.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Congrats, on entering the world of quality firearms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats to you. I got the same one not to long ago and love it. As a matter of fact I love it so much that this morning I put some rounds down range!

·
Registered
216 Posts
+1 on what kind of knife (and watch for that matter).

Congrats on your first HK!. I told myself 9 years ago that my dream was to replace my ONE handgun (Taurus PT92) with a HK. I thought I would be fulfilled with that. I too got a USP Compact 40 as my first.

Now..........

USPC40, USPC45, USPC9, USPSD9, USP40, USP SS Match45, USP Tactical45, MARK23, HK4, P7M8, P7M13, P7M10, P7K3,VP70Z, P9S45, P2000E9, P30, HK45, MP5, MP5K-PDW, MP5/40 (working), SL8/G36K, USC/UMP, HK91/G3, and a 416 Upper.

I am not trying to gloat, just want to warn you: It is a slippery slope, just enjoy the ride and try not to fight it- resistance is futile

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! I'll hopefully have a range report in a week or so. Been so busy lately I haven't been able to get to the range. The knife is a Boker Kalishnikov. It's pretty damn durable! http://www.jaxknives.com/kal74bts.html The watch is a Dakota SOS Torch. They don't picture that one on their website, but if you go to any of the Dakota Watch stands, they normally have them. I had to get the band separately because it comes with a leather band from the factory. It's pretty durable as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
did your Public Relations textbook direct you to that? Haha, if you don't mind me asking where and how much did you pay for the Compact? Just noticed your from Dublin and I have a friend in NB looking for a Compact .40. Dakota do make nice watches don't they? I just traded a broken watch about 2 months ago for an all stainless Dakota Spider...good stuff.

Nice pictures! Hope the range experience goes well and safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm really happy with the watch. It's stood up to everything I've thrown at it so far. I picked up the Compact with night sights, 2 mags, and a non-HK box from summitgunbroker.com. Mark is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. From the look of his website, he still has a few available with or without the HK box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts