HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hi,
I have posted here a few times so I thought I would show my 1st H&K.

I picked it up last Friday. Found out from another member here that it’s a Custom Combat and it came with edited 4/7/07 turned out not to be HiViz front but Novak fiber optic front and combat black fixed rear sights and decal grips. I took it to the range on Saturday and was very pleased with how easy it was to shoot. My wife liked it but she thought it was a bit louder than the Para-Ordnance P14 .45 she shoots. Most of my other .45s will not feed SWC but my new H&K feeds and shoots them without a problem, I am impressed.

Cheers,
MickGIS

·
Registered
485 Posts
Very nice MickGIS.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Nice looking HK you have there.

I have one question. What set up are the rear sights? Two dot? Or Fiber Optic?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking HK you have there.

I have one question. What set up are the rear sights? Two dot? Or Fiber Optic?
Hi loupav,

They are the Novak combat fixed sights, just plain black.

Front Sight in Focus

Rear Sight in Focus

Cheers,
MickGIS

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Really nice USP - the OD green is my favorite color - nice choice!

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
****, thanks for the pics.

I remember seeing the Custom Combat Compact .40 in Tan at a gun store. They wanted too much!

But you've got a good looking pistol. I love the look of Novak's on a USP!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well done sir!

I have two both in desert tan on with red sights for me and one put away for my boy with green fiber front sights. I LOVE this USP and will be shooting some tourneys with it as it is sooooooo accurate. Enjoy now all you have to do is get used to your shooting buddies calling you a snob. Tha Para is no slouch either, especially the Special Forces model..

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's an attractive piece. I have long considered getting an OD lower, just haven't done it yet. My next HK purchase is a 45, I hope, since I got two 40s in the flock already. Congrats!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry to bring back the dead, but I just picked up a .45 Custom Combat in Desert Tan. Nice looking USP, have you noticed any difference in the trigger vs other USPs you've fired? Mine seems to be much better than my USPs, almost as good as my Mark 23s. Man I wish I could have located one in OD green.....from pictures sometimes they look nice and dark like yours, but I've seen others that seemed a little bit too light green. Yours is perfect.

Here is a pic I found online of one that appears to be a brighter shade of OD greeen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to bring back the dead, but I just picked up a .45 Custom Combat in Desert Tan. Nice looking USP, have you noticed any difference in the trigger vs other USPs you've fired? Mine seems to be much better than my USPs, almost as good as my Mark 23s. Man I wish I could have located one in OD green.....from pictures sometimes they look nice and dark like yours, but I've seen others that seemed a little bit too light green. Yours is perfect.

Here is a pic I found online of one that appears to be a brighter shade of OD greeen:

Sorry, I have not checked the forum for awhile. My USP is the only H&K I own or have fired. I do love how the trigger feels. Mine is a bit darker than the one in the photo you found. Post a photo of your Tan USP; I liked the looks of those as well.

Cheers,

·
Registered
53 Posts
45 USP Combat Tactical

Nice 45 Combat Tactical...I have one too. I found out you can order extra black side grip pices for the gun ...they run about $10. I know this is listed as a variant however, on the box mine is listed as a "Combat Tactical" Can't find out where on the HK web site this is a catagory. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts