HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post here real quick background...new to HK's not new to guns.

Saturday I traded out of my beloved G19(LNIB) into a LNIB USP 45.(other than my 1911, this was my "HOLY GRAIL" gun) any ways it is a: KI date code(1998) It has 996 documented rounds thru it. I am the 3rd owner. 2nd owner is LEO as well as 1st owner.

It has night sights(tru-glo), it is V1, it has LEO mags.

Here are my questions:

Is it an LEO gun from factory?
How can I tell if it has the LEM trigger?
Can I put the threaded barrel in it?
Are these trijicon sights?

Any other info would be great also!

Thanks in advance, Kris

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here are my questions:

Is it an LEO gun from factory?
How can I tell if it has the LEM trigger?
Can I put the threaded barrel in it?
Are these trijicon sights?

Any other info would be great also!

Thanks in advance, Kris
1. There is no difference between LEO and non-LEO USPs.
2. LEM trigger is double action only. Seeing how the gun in your picture is in single action mode with the hammer cocked back, it is obviously a SA/DA variant.
3. Yes
4. Can't tell from the picture.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice snag! I have both a G19 and a USP .45. Two totally different guns but great guns non-the-less.

The night sights from the pictures look like Meps. But Meps usually say Tru Dot, not Tru Glo. So I am assuming they are Tru Glo Night Sights.

Did you shoot it yet?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Looks like your questions have been answered.

Welcome to this wonderful HKPro Forum, you will find it very enjoyable and rewarding!!! You may want to invest in the HKPro Premium membership. A small fee to get all the hot HK info first, and also to support the site.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
With your questions answered all I can say is nice trade. I got rid of all my Glocks except a 19 over a year ago and started buying HKs with no regret. The only reason I still have the 19 is because my wife bought it for me our 1st Christmas together.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Also LEM variants don't have spurred hammers. ;)

If the sights were Trijicons there would be no guesswork because both the front and rear sight would be marked as such.

·
Registered
129 Posts
With your questions answered all I can say is nice trade. I got rid of all my Glocks except a 19 over a year ago and started buying HKs with no regret. The only reason I still have the 19 is because my wife bought it for me our 1st Christmas together.
Thats a good woman right there :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies

They Are Mepros(true dot) I mis-read

Shot it yesterday....MAN it is sweet. I also just picked up the P220 2 tone, and it is really to early to tell which I like better.

The HK definately looks "meaner"

I know it's a large gun, but what is a GOOD ccw holster for it?(winter carry)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice pistol. I just traded a P220R TT for a used USP 45f. The Sig shot real nicely, but I had reliability issues with it and the workmanship wasn't as nice as the USP. Plus I found myself worrying about how it looked a bit too much for a gun I intended on using ;-)

The addition of a hogue rubber grip really helped me shoot the USP better and now the memory of the P220 is quickly fading.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts