HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put 100 rounds through the P30. Working on different hands, 1 hand 2 hand.
3 time ever shooting, 1st with P30 V3. It’s a joy to shoot. Even though I’m right handed the most accurate I shot was two handed Left! Here are two targets. Each had ten rounds thrown at them.

id like to get some lessons to pinpoint what I should be doing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice shots especially for your third time out.

I highly recommend watching Hickok45's how to shoot series of videos. I noticed a remarked improvement on my groupings.

Here is his first one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice shots especially for your third time out.

I highly recommend watching Hickok45's how to shoot series of videos. I noticed a remarked improvement on my groupings.

Here is his first one.
Thank you. I’ll definitely watch that video I love watching his channel

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Your groupings are better than mine! I'm certain you don't want tips from me haha

At the range, practice reloads, get some snap caps and ask someone to randomly insert it in the mag.
At home, place a coin on top of the slide and keep pulling the trigger without having the coin fall off. You'll see if you are jerking it to the side, needless to say make sure the gun is cleared before attempting that.

HK sighting system is cover the target but I think you got that part down.

If you are shooting better with your left hand perhaps you are left eye dominant? either way, good shooting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your groupings are better than mine! I'm certain you don't want tips from me haha

At the range, practice reloads, get some snap caps and ask someone to randomly insert it in the mag.
At home, place a coin on top of the slide and keep pulling the trigger without having the coin fall off. You'll see if you are jerking it to the side, needless to say make sure the gun is cleared before attempting that.

View attachment 292913

HK sighting system is cover the target but I think you got that part down.

If you are shooting better with your left hand perhaps you are left eye dominant? either way, good shooting.
Thank you. I like that chart that’s super helpful. I think you’re right though my left eye is definitely better

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
And here is the rather much less helpful chart…. LOL

All jokes aside, if you can find a qualified instructor in your area you will save time and money (ammo) like you won’t believe.

It is VERY important to do this before you ingrain hard-to-break habits common among self-taught shooters. Just a few hundred rounds with incorrect technique can make it very difficult to learn a true, proper trigger press!

Good luck with your shooting journey!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And here is the rather much less helpful chart…. LOL

All jokes aside, if you can find a qualified instructor in your area you will save time and money (ammo) like you won’t believe.

It is VERY important to do this before you ingrain hard-to-break habits common among self-taught shooters. Just a few hundred rounds with incorrect technique can make it very difficult to learn a true, proper trigger press!

Good luck with your shooting journey!

View attachment 292992
That’s great advice. I am going to call Monday to get shooting lessons.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
That’s great advice. I am going to call Monday to get shooting lessons.
Good for you, Excellent plan. I know it’s hard with a new pistol, but I would strongly suggest you avoid doing any more live fire before you get some marksmanship lessons. Trust me, it will save you all kinds of problems down the road. Get your hands on some quality snap caps and do some dry practice if you want to in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
put 100 rounds through the P30. Working on different hands, 1 hand 2 hand.
3 time ever shooting, 1st with P30 V3. It’s a joy to shoot. Even though I’m right handed the most accurate I shot was two handed Left! Here are two targets. Each had ten rounds thrown at them.
View attachment 292904 View attachment 292905
id like to get some lessons to pinpoint what I should be doing.
Looks good to me. What distance, 45 feet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts