HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Cetme out to the range yesterday after all the warranty work was finally done. New Locking piece, Bolt head, firing pin, firing pin spring, Extractor, extractor spring, Rollers and support.

First 5 mags were loaded with 5 rounds each

Mag#1 5-Winchester 7.62 NATO. : 2nd round FTF and casing on unfired round dented nearly in half. fired the 3rd round from the mag after recharging weapon. 4th fired, 5th round would not load from magazine...

Mag#2 5-DAG 7.62 NATO : 2nd round FTF and dented case on nonfired round. 3 fired, 4 FTF and dent, 5 fired....

Mag#3 5 Herters/Tula .308 Steel Cased : 5 bangs in a row!

Mag#4 Winchester 7.62 NATO: Used the magazine from #3......2nd round FTF, 3-5 no problems.

Mag#5 Winchester 7.62 NATO: Used magazine from 3&4, 1 fired, 2ftf then no problems.

I then took my remaining 5 winchesters and set them aside and loaded a magazine with 20 DAG......I suffered though several more of the same problems as the Winchester gave me.....

I finished off all the brass cased ammo, both DAG and Winchester with only a slight change in how the rifle fed them. I used 2 magazines that I found worked well with all types ammo being used but even after waiting until 40 rounds of steel cased had been run through it, it STILL wouldn't feed the brass cased 7.62 NATO ammo reliably. Lesson Learned!

I fired a total of 160 rounds through the rifle in a little over an hour and a half. During that time I rapid fired 3 magazines as well. Bench rested firing produced 3" groups regardless of ammo used. All groups high and left when sights held dead on center of target. 50 yard groupings were 5-6" again high and left on a center hold.

Thinking about picking up the sight adjustment tool but if I understand it right that only changes up/down not left/right?

Had a great time firing this rifle. Recoil on it is less then I expected, a LOT less. I am really happy with how smooth and predictable the trigger was on it. One thing I liked best was it's " Scare the crap out of the rest of the people at the indoor range. " ability. After I fired the first round every one else, who were mostly shooting hand guns with a couple AR's in there as well, stopped shooting a were looking at me and my rifle. When I took a break to let the rifle cool no less then 5 fellow range goers came up to ask me about my rifle. I told them what it was, what it fired, and what to look for if they bought one. I even let 3 people try it out....ok one was, um, a VERY easy on the eyes young lady so that was cool :wink:.

As of this posting the rifle has been field stripped and given a THOROUGH cleaning. I actually got the chamber and flutes so clean they shine like silver! And the icing on the cake is that after all the drama I have had to deal with with this rifle it's bolt-gap is holding at .012"! :43:

Thanks for reading this LENGTHY report lol! :63:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
There's cake somewhere and there's icing on it? The gun don't work, my man. You really need to raise your expectations. Sounds like all your problems are on feeding. I'd look to see if the mags are engaging the trunnion correctly. Or send it to ghilliebear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the rifle.ran flawlessly when I used steel cased. 308. Not one FTF or anything. Maybe there is a problem butI figure I'll just use steel cased. 308 from now on. Maybe I'll try 7.62 NATO after a few more range days to see if it might need more.break in or something .....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't have experience with a Cetme, but in my PTR-91 G.I. I had some ammo trouble too, but the old cheap standby Silver Bear ran like a r*ped ape, accuracy was ok, I got some Privi-Patizen from Aim's the NATO 145 gr and it ran flawlessly in the PTR and grouped amazingly well. It ran flawlessly in my HK-91 but then it eats everything, that's why I love it. Ammo is going up everywhere but Aim's had it for $447 - 1,000 rd case+ shipping. And it was good looking brass with a lead core - copper jacket BT-FMJ bullet.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
The harder steel cases that the gun is running with are hiding a problem. Since they are harder than brass they won't conform to edges and corners like brass will and this will mask whatever is wrong with the gun. Your gun so run whatever you want in it. If you ever decide to sell it the new owner isn't going to be very happy to find out the only ammo it will run is of a type is was never intended to.
Who knows. Maybe after a few hundred rounds of steel it will run brass ok.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm hoping hkshooterusp....Going to take a serious look at my mags too. In all honesty this thing was horribly fouled when I first got it, BEFORE the repairs and my range day. I spent about 2 and a half hours in cleaning it after the range so maybe being a squeaky clean gun will help as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it had alot of tar sealed surplus run in it, nothing cleans that like Naptha. And it's cheap, $9 a gallon. Clean it outside or over a trashcan because the black stuff just runs out the barrel. Yep, Naptha is Zippo lighter fluid when you smell it, but you can buy a gallon for what a small can of lighter fluid costs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used Gunscrubber first then CLP. Then oiled it all with Rem oil when done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You say you oiled it all with Remoil. Did you dry the chamber afterwards?
Those rifles originally ran steel cased by design I think. That it runs on steel means you may be very close to having it right....hopefully.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep made sure it wasn't saturated. Just clean with a light coating of oil. Getting a UTG low mount piccantiny (spell?) rail for it as my Fathe rin Law is giving me a scope for it. just need to figure out what type of rings I need to get so I can mount it up and go back to the range to sight it in!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts