HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings , For those of you with the SP5 / MP5 and running a 1 x optic , What distance do you recommend for Zeroing?
I am mounting a 1X Prism(due to astigmatism , love the Prisms) to my new SP5
Thank you in advance for any input

·
Priest of the P7
4,885 Posts
I use a 25yd zero. The distance at which you zero is much less crucial with a PCC, with which most of your shooting will be inside 100yds. You just have to be aware of the height of your optic over the bore if you zero beyond 10yds and take shots within 10yds. You should be able to hit steel silhouettes at 100yds with ease regardless of zero range, just aim at the top of the head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a 25yd zero. The distance at which you zero is much less crucial with a PCC, with which most of your shooting will be inside 100yds. You just have to be aware of the height of your optic over the bore if you zero beyond 10yds and take shots within 10yds. You should be able to hit steel silhouettes at 100yds with ease regardless of zero range, just aim at the top of the head.
That 25 yards is actually what I did zero it at with a laser boresighter for now , and did take into consideration the popints you brought up. I'll see how it works out after a range day this Friday. Any other input from others is greatly appreciated as well.. BTW Love your Screen Name , I'm always TCB4EP
Thank you

·
Registered
338 Posts
It depends on what distances you’re going to be shooting. You’re ammo makes a difference.
See what you’re sight height offset is. Say it is 3”. No matter what your zero is, point blank would be -3” then graduate to your zero. Then you need to figure out if you care about a “double “ zero. Do you want just hold over or are you ok with under & over?
All of my shooting is from 5 to 35 yards. I zero at 16 yards. I hold on at most yardages. Over at close small targets & under at 25-35 when I have to aim small. 16 yard zero is close to 110 yard zero with my ammo.
Here is my ballistic chart. I’m still experimenting too. Thinking about moving it in a few yards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts